Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I bought this 2003 SV about a month ago, I got it for a good price, this is my first street legal bike. The guy who owned it before me did some pretty crazy things to it. Notice the High rise handle bars.
The first thing I did before I rode it was take off the handle bars and put on a “normal” set, and take off the front foot pegs.
So ive been slowly returning it back to stock, or getting aftermarket parts for it. I have lots of mods planed for this bike, I
Right now I’m looking for a front brake hose that will fit, the one he had on it was about a foot to long, I got a stock one off ebay, and it is about 1 ½ inches to short for my handle bar setup.
Anybody know what kind of front brake hose would work for me?
Also whats it mean when you have oil in the Air filter box? It was about ¼ of an inch of oil in it.
here is a few pics over the past few weeks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
One thing I hate about this forum is how people who don't have a clue how to help you will usually be the first to offer advice.

So here I go anyway... :)

Usually oil in the airbox is from overfilling with oil. Check it with bike VERTICAL. But you probably already knew that!

Good luck with the bike! Glad you got those ape hangars off!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alright I bought this 2003 SV about a month ago, I got it for a good price, this is my first street legal bike. The guy who owned it before me did some pretty crazy things to it. Notice the High rise handle bars.
The first thing I did before I rode it was take off the handle bars and put on a “normal” set, and take off the front foot pegs.
So ive been slowly returning it back to stock, or getting aftermarket parts for it. I have lots of mods planed for this bike, I
Right now I’m looking for a front brake hose that will fit, the one he had on it was about a foot to long, I got a stock one off ebay, and it is about 1 ½ inches to short for my handle bar setup.
Anybody know what kind of front brake hose would work for me?
Also whats it mean when you have oil in the Air filter box? It was about ¼ of an inch of oil in it.
here is a few pics over the past few weeks.

Check out the "pay it forward" thread. there are currently some free brake lines on there.

Welcome!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Make sure you get a brake line for the Naked mode, not the S. Might want to check with your local dealer to be sure you're looking for the right part.

HEL and other brake line manufacturers offer custom brake line services.
http://www.helusa.com/
You can get them made to measure. Stainless brake lines are better performing, anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Never seen APE Hangers on a sport bike before LOL!!!!!
yeah not to mention the highway pegs

speaking of...me and my girlfriend were riding 2 up on my sv and this guy probably around my age on gsxr was in the lane next to me...he takes off doing a wheelie and it looked like he forgot to put his left leg on the peg, hits the rev limiter while the wheel is in the air, it drops, its still on the limiter, he shifts(finally)

and then he uses sliders as highway pegs?...who does that?

·
Registered
789 Posts
ehhh... what did you do with the highway pegs? :hiding2:

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
and then he uses sliders as highway pegs?...who does that?
If you take a long enough trip and you're looking for creative ways to adjust your body position, you'll do it :)

I sit on the passenger seat sometimes during longer trips ;D

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
:-\

wow i feel kind of stupid now...i didnt know people did that on sport bikes

i see the reason why everyone is doing it..it just looks uncofortable to me

but then again im not a very flexible person

but i dont think this guy wasnt doing it to be comfortable, it was pretty heavy traffic, lots of red lights and what not

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If you take a long enough trip and you're looking for creative ways to adjust your body position, you'll do it :)

I sit on the passenger seat sometimes during longer trips ;D
+1 and leaning forward and propping your feet on the rear passenger pegs too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
... I sit on the passenger seat sometimes during longer trips ;D
dang, you must be tall/long. I'm about 6' on a the SV-n and don't think I'd be able to properly hold on to the handlebars.

I still have them, are you interested in them? Im never going to use them, so make an offer I guess if you want em.
how did the original owner mount them to the bike? Is there any modification/extra hardware I'd have to make to mount them on?
Are you in Alaska? I hope that you just like the state... because it might cost over $20 to send to California (zip 95630)

PS.
is that how the '03 exhausts look (low?) or did the previous owner mod that too? Wouldn't make sense to mod it and keep stock exhuast, I figure... unless he had those big HD-lookin' saddlebags.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
dang, you must be tall/long. I'm about 6' on a the SV-n and don't think I'd be able to properly hold on to the handlebars.
Both! lol.

I'm 6' tall too. You just gotta try it. It's not as far back as one might think :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how did the original owner mount them to the bike? Is there any modification/extra hardware I'd have to make to mount them on?
Are you in Alaska? I hope that you just like the state... because it might cost over $20 to send to California (zip 95630)

PS.
is that how the '03 exhausts look (low?) or did the previous owner mod that too? Wouldn't make sense to mod it and keep stock exhuast, I figure... unless he had those big HD-lookin' saddlebags.
He mounted them to one of the Long engine case bolts on the bottom, it looks like he just got a longer bolt. Then he had it going to the right side of the motor mount, that sits midway to the jug. It was really solid, and a huge pain to get it off.

As far as the exhaust it look like he just cut it and turned it, I guess he had saddle bags connected, and welded the crap out of it, It dosent bounce at all. Id like to get a aftermarket, but I dont have the tools to cut it off..yet

Oh Im not in Alaska anymore Im in Idaho (83647) , so shipping shouldnt be bad at all USPS says 15.15 at 10 pounds

1 - 20 of 30 Posts