Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 03 sv650s; So far, it seems as great as everyone says it is. But i do have a  couple of questions:

I am planning on ordering a slip on for it and have it narrowed down to either M4 (not the high mount) or YOSHIMURA RS-1 ZYCLONE Slip on.
Will both of these allow me to retain the use of my rear passenger footpegs?  Are the high mounts the only ones that take away your passenger pegs? 

I have heard alot of people like the M4, but what about the yosh?  any opinions on it?  I can't find much info about it; and no sound clips of the yosh at all.  the yosh website actually just confused me further.

One last thing.  I had ridden a 2000 Sv some time ago, but i have noticed that on my 03  the throttle seems really really touchy.  Much more so than i remember the 2000 being.  Is this just because of the fuel injection vs carbs?  It is beyond what i would call peppy.   Maybe its just me and i'll get used to it?? 

any input appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops. Edit. Copied & Pasted Wrong Line For Yosh Exhaust.

Should have been Yoshimura Tri-Oval Race Slip-On or M4

·
Registered
214 Posts
chiefb,

high mounts are the only exhausts that cause problems with passenger pegs. some high mts even allow them to remain. but right signal won't fit. the standard mounts you are considering wont affect anything except lopping off about 7lbs from the stock exhaust.

M4 and Yosh slip ons both fine. it comes down to an aesthetic and sound preference. my opinion is that the yosh is a little mellower than the M4, and the M4 is deeper than most and louder than the yosh(but not really loud). Suggest going to some bike night/meet or hang out at a cycle parts store some weekend and you are bound to hear them both. sound clips online do them no justice.

re "peppy". welcome to the world of twin torque. I had both fi and carb. very similar. maybe your friends 2000 wasnt running perfectly. to control the torque -you got it you'll get used to it. just don't go full trottle off the line. and the clutch is your friend.

ride safe and have fun sv-in, ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts