Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just had my SV650S 2009 and love the ride. But coming from Sport tourers, I can tell you it's not the same league !

I had many bikes like BMW F800ST, CBF1000, Tiger 1050i... etc

Now with the SV, the position is way more radical. I lean way more but I hold my body with my back instead of with my wrists. So... LOWER BACK PAIN !

How long for the pain to go away ?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
As long as it takes for you to get stronger.

Sorry, tis the nature of riding a sport bike

You can raise the handle bars and lower the rearsets to help.

Either way, WELCOME :hello:

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
You need to support you body with your core muscles, knees and legs, not your back. Can't imagine why you gave up the Tiger 1050 over the SV. You'll either adapt to the riding position or change the ergos or come to dislike clipons. Welcome.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You need to support you body with your core muscles, knees and legs, not your back. Can't imagine why you gave up the Tiger 1050 over the SV. You'll either adapt to the riding position or change the ergos or come to dislike clipons. Welcome.
+1....I squeeze my tank a little with my legs to keep me in good form and with the proper muscle usage. On long rides, though, I tend to change up positioning slightly to avoid fatigue and sore bottom!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
123 Posts
No matter how much I used my knees, legs, and core muscles, my back would still end up aching after a day of riding. I got 3.5" raised clip-ons from SV Racing Parts and it was just enough to allow me back comfort while still keeping me leaned forward which was part of the reason I liked the S over the N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts