Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for a new mesh jacket for the Florida summers and saw this new one from Shift Racing.

Specs
SHIFT Backdraft Jacket $149.95
Product Description:

* Vented mesh body fabric construction for maximum air flow
* Articulated design for superior comfort
* Removable CE approved shoulder and elbow armor
* Removable, full-sleeve water resistant liner
* Integrated shoulder, elbow and back padding for additional protection.
* Connection zipper for attachment to compatible SHIFT pants
* Integrated pocket for a back protector

==> Shift Backdraft

Me likey this jacket!! :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
lol...edit the price....

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I like shift's stuff, it seems to fit me well. Which means it's long and lanky, probably not made for you, Jeff. Of course, that doesn't mean don't give it a go. See how it fits.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like shift's stuff, it seems to fit me well. Which means it's long and lanky, probably not made for you, Jeff. Of course, that doesn't mean don't give it a go. See how it fits.
Lest you forget I was an owner and user of one of the first Shift sportbike jackets they made 4 years ago!

Behold Shift Man!!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
great looking jacket! i like that it has spine padding as well. as much as i think the white looks pimp, i know it would be impossible to keep clean. the black/white/red would look great on a red bike. the black/blue/white would look sweet on a blue one too. pick your poison.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I like it. I have a full mesh Firstgear jacket I need to replace. I may need to try one of these out.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Seems to be a lot like the Air Avenger, but that jacket is a lot more money ($230). I wonder where the differences are?

Shift is nice stuff, but yeah, generally cut long and slim. Doesn't fit me well.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Is there a way to tighten the sleeve for a good fit w/ the armor? Don't see any visible way to do that on this jacket. Good price though. Let us know how it fits whomever ends up getting it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
+1. I tried on a shift jacket at the shop the other week and the sleeves actually went all the way over my wrists. Finally I found a jacket that fits my chimpanzee arms. Plus, I ordered the 08 model on clearance for $70.

Edit- Too bad the cheaper shift jackets don't come with any back protector.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You can't buy the new one Jeff, they don't have a yellow one :).

·
Registered
23 Posts
that is a really nice looking jacket. i just bought a Teknic Freestyel off newenough for 60 bucks. not the nicest looking...but for 60 bucks can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1. I tried on a shift jacket at the shop the other week and the sleeves actually went all the way over my wrists. Finally I found a jacket that fits my chimpanzee arms.

Edit- Too bad the cheaper shift jackets don't come with any back protector.
Yeah I have really long 34-35 dress shirt length arms too. :( But I have 3 jackets with back protectors in them that could be shoved into this one. I still have the one in my first Shift ST jacket that I really don't use any more so that's a issue for me.

You can't buy the new one Jeff, they don't have a yellow one :).
Yeah I know, but that black one looks uber sexy with the white and it would still match my black tail section.

I don't know, the Pheonix 5 is hard to beat for $135.

Adjustment everywhere, completely free flowing mesh, nice stuff.
I have an all black Pheonix 3.0 air jacket that I really don't like cause it's just to loose around my body and those bungee arm straps just don't seem to hold it in place. I've barely warn that one since getting it 3 years ago. Plus the shoulder armor and pads makes it look like I have football shoulder pads on under the jacket.

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought the Cortech HRX series 2 jacket for the summer. It has maximum protection, and lets a lot of air in, even when there's a breeze. Any mesh jacket will keep you cool; it's just a matter of how much protection you want with it and how much you're willing to spend.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts