Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

New steed

3K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  SpeedisaVirus 
#1 ·
Replaced my stolen WR250x with this:

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet color !! Love that grey. Now, can we have a huge b!tch fit about the apprantly BLIND engineers that put that muffler/bassoon on there ?? <angry hacksaw smiley>

BTW, I hate to tell you this, but all the elite FZ riders have mohawks. Sorry dude.

#8 ·
They actually are quite comfy. The bike more or less comes with drag bars but the risers are really high. Only beef comfort wise is the seat, it's built in a way that forces your balls into the tank.

#7 ·
:(

The color was absolutely the ****. I'm still kind of giddy. I've only had the chance to put 100 miles on it since I picked it up. It's an interesting ride. You expect a liter bike to be a rip snorting beast but really, it's quite tame in the lower revs. It really is a beast though when you reach the top 40% of the rev range...

#10 ·
I haven't really beat on it yet but it's pretty light on it's feet. Fairly flickable and it holds a line VERY well. It's definitely on the sporty side. Brakes feel pretty crappy right now. They have the power but they have no bite. I might swap them out for something HH soon. Maybe add SS lines and an R1/R6 radial master cylinder.

#40 ·
Noice! I lurked on FZ1OA for years because I was sure I was going to get an FZ1. They are great bikes and I might still own one some day.

Guys over there are making monster power with a few simple tweaks. Ivan has got all the electronic nannies figured out and can uncork that motor into what it should be. Pipe, PC3, a few Ivan goodies, velocity stacks, and that thing is a beast.

Still trying to figure out how you got banned, that is a great forum.

IIRC, that bike belongs to a guy w/ screen name of JonDaddy or something. I really enjoyed watching him build that bike.

#16 ·
Awesome bike. I really like FZ1's. Probably the most comfy sport bike around. Give the brakes a chance. Maybe they'll improve when they break in. My buddy has an '03 FZ1 and the brakes on his bike are awesome. His are true one finger brakes. The initial bite is much better than my GSXR and no fade at all. Enjoy.

#29 ·
I'm scouting ebay for one. I love the windscreen coverage but for most of my riding it's irrelevant. I am looking for sliders, fender elim, euro naked headlight, and a -1 front sprocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.