·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my stolen WR250x with this:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Sweet color !! Love that grey. Now, can we have a huge b!tch fit about the apprantly BLIND engineers that put that muffler/bassoon on there ?? <angry hacksaw smiley>

BTW, I hate to tell you this, but all the elite FZ riders have mohawks. Sorry dude.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I hate to break this to you... but somebody screwed you and sold you something that's NOT an SV!!!;D

(nice, though...)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(

The color was absolutely the ****. I'm still kind of giddy. I've only had the chance to put 100 miles on it since I picked it up. It's an interesting ride. You expect a liter bike to be a rip snorting beast but really, it's quite tame in the lower revs. It really is a beast though when you reach the top 40% of the rev range...

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. Looks the like ergos would be comfy.
Congrats.
They actually are quite comfy. The bike more or less comes with drag bars but the risers are really high. Only beef comfort wise is the seat, it's built in a way that forces your balls into the tank.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Dang, another member got a Speed Triple, someone else a GSX-R750, you get an FZ1....me jealous

Maybe next year...

How's the FZ1 handle?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't really beat on it yet but it's pretty light on it's feet. Fairly flickable and it holds a line VERY well. It's definitely on the sporty side. Brakes feel pretty crappy right now. They have the power but they have no bite. I might swap them out for something HH soon. Maybe add SS lines and an R1/R6 radial master cylinder.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Awesome bike. I really like FZ1's. Probably the most comfy sport bike around. Give the brakes a chance. Maybe they'll improve when they break in. My buddy has an '03 FZ1 and the brakes on his bike are awesome. His are true one finger brakes. The initial bite is much better than my GSXR and no fade at all. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks pretty good

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Wow...I was banned on http://www.yamahafz1oa.com in my first post. Good thing you guys still love me.
I was "banned" on GSXR.com and Gixxer.com for months. I'd post a question about something, and poof, it would disappear. I stopped visiting the sites. Next thing I got was an e-mail "inviting me back." Go figure. I think they make you comment on something, or lurk, before granting you the privilege of starting a thread but who knows. :eek:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts