Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a source to get a linear suspension linkage for a 2nd gen?

Or at least know the dimensions if I were able to find someone that could make it?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Oh. Well then I'm lucky I have one sitting on my table.

154mm dogbones
dogbone pivot to shock pivot: 64mm
dogbone pivot to frame pivot: 63mm
frame pivot to shock pivot: 95mm

These numbers were originally developed by GrahamB. Not my work.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
After inspecting the one on my table, it looks like the dogbones provided by 707 measures out to about 148mm. Graham may have eventually revised his dog bone length. I don't know.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
As far as holes goes, you'll have to work that out on your own, depending on what type of bearings you want. He used B128 Torrington bearings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finished moving my shop, and am now making parts again! Trace, your dog bones should be the correct length. Did you specially request shorter ones to raise the rear? Someone did, and I can't remember if it was you. There is no way I would accidentally make them .240" short!!!

I do have a linkage made and listed on eBay.

707racing.com

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I finished moving my shop, and am now making parts again! Trace, your dog bones should be the correct length. Did you specially request shorter ones to raise the rear? Someone did, and I can't remember if it was you. There is no way I would accidentally make them .240" short!!!

I do have a linkage made and listed on eBay.

707racing.com
Its mine now!!!! :eek:ccasion14::rock::rock::rock:

·
Registered
443 Posts
It makes a 2nd gen rear shock work like a 1st gen. Stay's in same travel ratio instead of being progressive. i will be buying one before next season for our new superbike...they work!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Guy selling link is in this thread, pm him :)
It works good, we have been using it for while.
what is relationship to the change in swing arm angle?

340mm shock length on 2nd gen need to be adjusted to compensate for change from going from progressive to linear?

what makes it work so much better? :)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Don't think there is any, reason you get dog bones with it.
It is not progressive any more but linear. You get same rate anywhere in travel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts