1,217 Posts

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
This is made in US.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I'm excited we're getting something other than the D209 in 160. If the 211 in a 160 is as good as in the 190 and 200, I'm pumped. My friends on the bigger bikes love those things, even the American version.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Good to see dunlops are good for 6 year old lap times :)
How so? I'm not familiar with this genre of tires

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Tire technology gets better, so why is their newest tire boasting about a lap time that was being done on tires 6 years ago......thats all hes saying.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Tire technology gets better, so why is their newest tire boasting about a lap time that was being done on tires 6 years ago......thats all hes saying.
Well, I figured as much, but was also wondering what tires are providing the best laptimes? These are difficult figures to track down, as well as being a topic of debate (I.e which tire is "best").

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
That all depends on track, temperature, rider preference, and suspension set up.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Well, I figured as much, but was also wondering what tires are providing the best laptimes? These are difficult figures to track down, as well as being a topic of debate (I.e which tire is "best").
The ones you like and are most comfortable with :)
I did 2:06.0 on Michelin PR5 if anybody remembers those. It was hardest one you could get in dot.
btw. it is not tire but rider who does lap times, Brian will go fast on any of them :).

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
Date Jun 10, 2006 11:07:00 AM
Track Miller Motorsports Park (3.06 miles)
Event WERA at Miller Motorsports Park
Group Saturday Races
Best Lap Tm 2:05.869
In Lap 4
Best Speed 87.520
by Jeff Walker

1 - 20 of 54 Posts