Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my 06 ZX10r shock today. I am amazed how much stiffer it is.
my only concern is this, I properly dialed in the setting for my weight, but now when I turn or lean, the front end feels completely different. Its kind of hard to describe, but it seems like the front turns in WAY to easy, like I might loose the front end. Is this normal?? I only got to ride for a min or two due to the weather, but it scared me a little. My front forks are still stock.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
if the backend is up higher, the fork angle is made steeper and the bike will be more flickable or twitchy...

if the backend is lower the forks will do the opposite

I can almost garantee that your preload setting is too high

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the specs came from this site. The preload is 22 threads showing.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
all that thread counting is unnecessary.. is that less than half of the entire threaeded area?

and is the back higher than stock?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You cannot adjust your shock settings based on numbers someone on here gave. You need to get on the bike with full gear and measure it out for you. Having a buddy will help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool, so how much thread should I have showing above the tightening rings?? And with having the front more 'flickable" is that necessarily a bad thing? I wont loose traction or anything right??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
it depends on how you use it.. but if you make any changes to your preload it is best t0 change the damping settings to work properly

make it more like a waterbed and less like a pogo stick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the info! I have to play around with it more

1 - 9 of 9 Posts