Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, name's Matt, been a big time lurker here and finally registered.

Just a little background, for some unknown reason I caught the riding bug HARD last year at university. Having never touched a bike, I took the plunge and signed up for an MSF course. Hooked doesn't even begin to describe.

While shopping for bikes I rode a Ninja 250, Ninja 650r, GSX-R 750 (NOPE), and finally an SV. Considering the forum we're on, you know why I chose the SV :).
So one summer of 55 hour work weeks later, serious craigslist bartering, and (the hardest of all) consoling my mother here she is in all her glory. Windscreen has since been sprayed black. Ride safe :eek:ccasion14:

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Welcome!

Word of advice, Don't spray your windshield: 1. When you're tucked in, you can't see sheet, and 2. if you want to get rid of it, you probably won't be able to sell it bc nobody wants a sprayed windshield.

Other than that, Welcome, always wear your gear, don't be a squid, and you'll have a great time on you're bike and with other bikers :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Word of advice, Don't spray your windshield: 1. When you're tucked in, you can't see sheet, and 2. if you want to get rid of it, you probably won't be able to sell it bc nobody wants a sprayed windshield.
Thanks, I bought a used OEM windshield on craigslist to spray for $8. :rock: Still have the clear one that came with the bike for tucking in.

As far as gear goes (pants not pictured):

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Chewy, where on the Jersey Shore are you? I'm from Belmar, living in NYC now but I visit as often as I can. Hope to get an SV soon. Having fun with the new bike?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Welcome, very nice gear indeed, you are starting out the correct way. Where are you down there? It would be nice to do some NJ roads, but all I know is north NJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts