Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have been on here a few months and have owned my SV for about two. I thought it was time I said hello and asked a few dumb questions. I love my SV, I have owned 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, but this is my first road bike.

Dumb question 1 - Can anyone tell me if they know of any good twisty roads south of Raleigh, NC or within an hour of Raleigh? I know it is a shot in the dark because it is pretty flat everywhere in this area but I am already bored with what I have been on.

Dumb question 2 - I bought my 2006 SV650n with 11,000 miles on it via ebay ($3,150). It was drilled for safety wires so it was a track day bike at some point. It looks really good and runs great. So my question is, if it was run really hard will that knock years/miles off the life of the bike?

Dumb question 3 - Should I not worry about dumb question 2 and just ride until it blows up?

Glad to be here, this is one of the best forums I have been on. Notice I did not ask about the best oil, the best tires, the best chain lube, or the best chain degreaser.:nana:

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome! I'm from Fayetteville, and as you fear, I haven't discovered too many good twisty roads in the area.

Check out this website though: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

They have some good info on there.

As for questions 2 and 3, I'm no mechanic or pro, but I think you probably shouldn't borrow trouble and just enjoy your bike. 11k really isn't too many miles.

Have fun!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Welcome and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome! There are plenty of good roads in the Raleigh area, but they are all back roads. Just do what my wife does - drive until you get lost, and then enjoy the fun of finding your way back home! ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
hello and welcome. I am in Raleigh.

take a look at ncsportbikes.com -- I just discovered by way of another rider. They have bike nights etc I am told.
I have not joined them yet but hope to do so....
As far as roads- I just try to ride different ones I can find...ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts