Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to throw a post up.
New to the bike scene, never rode on two wheels before but I've been on quads and wrenched on Hondas all my life. Idk, in my late 20s now, call it boredom or mid-life crisis but with the dream to one day own a bike I decided, fuck it let's go (also the wife finally approved). So I sold my slammed, boosted, type r integra and bought the 21 SV650 (lol, shit sounds like the begining to an epic orign story) . Originally wanted a mid cc CBR or GSXR but being Hawaii, there's not a HUGE market for new street bikes at the dealership, they only had 300s, 400s, and straight up to the MT-09 or 1000RR, also the one GSXR600 they had was 11k b4 taxes🤯.
So I'm now 100 miles on the saddle and just trying to do a lot of research on riding tips, counter steering, trail braking, slow maneuvers and trying to incorporate it into my riding. Because I work the night shift, I do all of my riding early mornings around 3-5am when the traffic is slowest, but it's been raining constantly for over a month. Nearly 2 inches of rain a day, occasional gusts at 21mph, flash floods... FML.
The main reason I wanted to join the forums was cause I have been with the civic and integra forums for awhile now for troubleshooting mechanics and stuff and after I got the bike home I looked at it and was like, "Ok, I see an oil filter", and thought, damm... that's fucked up. I barely recognize anything lol, it's almost like starting at square one again.
All in all, im excited to be apart of team SV, I hope to learn alot from all the knowledgeable riders on here and... I'm just low key fuckin excited AF.

Much Aloha from Hawaii, as always ride safe. 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

(Amazon bar end mirrors, led headlight, fender delete, TechSpec tank grip, and sequential blinkers with TST Industries blinker flash relay and brake strobe modulator)

Cloud Automotive lighting Water Sky Headlamp

Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Sky Helmet Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Cloud Fuel tank Sky

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Automotive lighting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Must have been hard letting that Integra go. Heck, if you could have gotten it to the mainland… BIG money for used/old cars now! Your bike is the twin of mine. Have fun, don’t drop it, and hang loose!
Bro... u have no idea, i NEVER thought id sell it. After the wife said I could get a street bike but.... I have to sell the teggi 😢, took me almost 2 weeks to post it up, she sold in 2 days for $6500. Just the sentimental value of wrenching the car from not running to a daily, over 6k in parts. Kid who bought the car calls me up n asks for the stock exhaust cause the yonaka full exhaust is too loud.... I was like, tuh fuuhh, 🤯😵‍💫😵🖕🏻😂😂
Ay all good though, money well spent

·
Super Moderator
9,313 Posts
Nice introduction and photos, Outlaw. Nice bike. (y) You are going to love your SV. Welcome to SVRider!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I'm the guy who asks the PO for the stock pipes whenever I'm looking to buy something :LOL: whether I'm gonna use them or not!
Great looking SV btw, I really like the new frame color with that black.
Ay helped me clear some storage for sure, stock one was all busted and had leaks but ultimately I was like u paid me bro, do wut u want but fyi that cat back was $1k only 3 months old, save it or sell it😅.
Appreciate u brother🤙🏼

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,076 Posts
Welcome to SVR outlaw. That's a good looking motorcycle. Love the color combination. With as new as she is, I doubt you'll be doing much wrenching soon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to SVR outlaw. That's a good looking motorcycle. Love the color combination. With as new as she is, I doubt you'll be doing much wrenching soon. Enjoy!
Ya it was definitely a bonus for me that the SV has gone through 20 years of refinement and reliability is peace of mind in my book. Hey Geo appreciate u, ride safe🤙🏼🤙🏼

1 - 8 of 8 Posts