Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I just bought my first bike, a 2006 Suzuki SV650S. I am in the Army, and stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. I'm living in Clarksville, TN for the next 3 months and then I'm getting out of the military and moving back to Virginia Beach, VA. I don't really know too much about bikes, but I'd like to learn as much as possible. The bike is stock except for the lower fairing as far as I know... Without further ado, the pictures, heh.

Oh, and yeah, the orange Tiburon in the background is mine too, lol.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Welcome to SVR. If you haven't ridden a bike before consider a MSF course. It will teach you a lot. We have a lot of Nashville people but even more in VA when you move there, good folk.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Like Ranger01 said, MSF. Your bike is so stock it still has stock tires. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and yeah, I figured they were the stock tires, the bike has pretty low mileage on it still (I plan on riding it all the time practically, so that'll change soon). I am taking a MSF course soon, I'm scheduled for it in mid-April (on-post class is free, but has a long wait time).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yeah, it is pretty cold in the winter. Growing up in the Tidewater area didn't prepare me properly for days that go from 20 degrees in the morning to 65 degrees in the afternoon *shakes head*.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
The bike will feel totally different after the MSF. It did for me. Get as much seat time in as possible and ride safe.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
yeah welcome to the site man. i took the msf class at campbell 2 years ago. i been riding 15 years but the army made me take it anyway. I recognize your neighborhood, lol. uhm, the main instructor who has the blue harley helped me out at deals gap when I wreched my car so he is a real standup guy. he even remembered me, lol. anyway goodluck in the course and hope we get to ride a few times before you get out and I pcs to el paso

1 - 9 of 9 Posts