Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first bike, '05 SV650. :happy6:
I basically paid blue book for the bike and so far, :disappointed:
not worth it. Wish I had more experience before hand.

After a lot of research, and youtube videos, I'm finding things that this bike requires before it is even safe to ride :angry4:

The rear sprocket has sharp points and is slightly sawtoothed in spots,
The chain is loose, chain adjusters appear to be maxed out (lots of thread sticking out) and the adjuster nuts are rounded off.

It also appears to be missing a right rear wheel spacer?...
I don't know how it was possibly assembled this way, but the caliper mount bracket is all chewed up from being up against the rotor.

Here's a pic of the "missing spacer" I didn't take it, I'll take better ones when I get a chance, bike is in my bro's garage on the other side of town.
copy and paste, no hotlinking allowed :/
((lookpic.com/O/i2/575/3HIMATOz.jpeg))

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sorry you think you got taken. Your pics don't show. Look for some help on getting them to post.

Where are you located in OK?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in Edmond ok, are you close? I may be able to help

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
pac_man, you're in Edmond. I'm in MWC. I know of another SV owner near me too. And I've seen a blue 1gen on the OU campus. Guess there's still a few of us around.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Anybody going to the vintage bike show at Seaba station on Oct. 28th? I'm in OKC, planning on riding out. Be cool to get a small group ride together.:vroom:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Either of those work for me, though if the general consensus wants to meet at your place I will need you to PM me directions.

Any other takers?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any one got the parts I need? chain adjuster nuts, rear right wheel spacer, chain and sprockets layin around? If so I'm in :)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Sorry MB, I actually sold my SV and don't have any of the things you need. Have you tried posting in the "wanted" threads?

·
Registered
74 Posts
http://www.bikebandit.com/2005-suzuki-sv650-sv650k5/o/m147619#sch510790

Here's the rear end on bike bandit. Looks like the right spacer is around $15 (plus shipping). I'm not sure about the adjuster nuts. Looks like the side cover is off. Are they missing too or just off in the picture? You're better getting those here than buying new ones. $$$

I just took off chain and sprockets off my bike. The sprocket wasn't too terrible but I was going on a trip to give the bike to a friend's son (his 1st bike) and I wanted it to be ready to go. You are welcome to those if they are better than what you have. Might buy you some time to save up for a new set.

I'm in Broken Arrow and have front (with the SV650 pin for the front lift) and rear stands if you need a hand. Just PM me if you want to set something up. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts