Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2004 suzuki sv650s. I FINALLY BOUGHT MY DREAM BIKE. Any one from the bay area? i'm totally new to the motorcycle scene. Any tips for a new rider?

frisco

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info. i think i used that forum before i got my M1 endorsement.

tony you ever ride in the city?

frisco

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ride in the city to get back and forth from work. Most of my riding for fun is in the East Bay hills (Redwood Rd, Pinehurst, Skyline....). This summer I hope to spend more time at the track and probably will be commuting a bit less. There are lots of group rides posted on BARF of all abilities, also there are lots suggestions for good roads in the area (I think though you will have to get out of the city to East Bay, Santa Cruz or up North to Berryessa.....)

Its endless. Oh and there are lots of BARF Socials if you want to meet more people....

Cheers

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Cool Beans!

Gotta love the handle....Frisco!....'cuz the local "The City" folk go nuckin' futz over that term! :roflmao:

I'm on the coast 3.5-4 hrs south of you in Motorcycle Mecca. I was just up on the Bay fishing out of Emeryville this past weekend. I bring my SV up there frequently. My buddy/hunting/riding partner lives in San Ramon after finishing school down here in SLO. He bought the SV I ride down here back in Jan '04, rode it for 1800 mi then put it in the garage for an R6. He trucked it up there when he moved and I bought it and brought it back down and started the mods on it the day it showed up at my house!

The rest is history.

We rode up there 3 weekends ago. From East Bay we did 92>35>Alice's>84>1>Half Moon Bay>92>Home. Check out Eden Canyon Exit off of 580 just east of Hayward right now. Catch Palomares Rd to 84. Real cool road up through the canyon to 84 along Alameda Creek and on into Niles or go left toward Sunol.

Have fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its been a couple of days since i got my bike and i been on it ever since. oh wells i can't wait until i get super comfortable with the SV. one major concern i do have is , In the morning i would start my bike( In neutral, kickstand down, clutch squeeze) it starts but it would die out with in seconds. it would start if i throttle it for like 45 secs and then it idles by itself. WHATS GOING ON??????

-frisco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts