Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am just starting to learn to ride and am loving it. I'm planning to get a 125cc of some description until I pass my Direct Access and then I'll upgrade (when I have the cash, of course). I saw the SV650s (faired and blue) bike today and fell in love, but appearances aren't everything so I want to do some research and who better to ask about it than the experts? So come on, tell me what's so great about this bike? Thanks.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Naomi said:
Hey guys. I am just starting to learn to ride and am loving it. I'm planning to get a 125cc of some description until I pass my Direct Access and then I'll upgrade (when I have the cash, of course). I saw the SV650s (faired and blue) bike today and fell in love, but appearances aren't everything so I want to do some research and who better to ask about it than the experts? So come on, tell me what's so great about this bike? Thanks.
:) Use the search function.

But seriously, you know you're going to find a biased answer here. But, everyone will have their own little perspective. Anyway, the best thing for you to do is to try to test ride one and find out for yourself.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Cheap, reliable, user-friendly motor, popular and lots of people race them so there's a big aftermarket and parts are easy to find. It's nothing special it's just kind of a cult bike. There aren't any other affordable lightweight Vtwin sporty bikes at the moment. As opposed to something like a 600cc or 1000cc four cylinder where every company makes one and you have your pick.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Naomi-- First off, welcome to the world of motorcycling and SVRider. Why is the SV so great?

Pros:
CHEAP to own, operate, maintain, and insure.

light weight (370# dry?), very flickable.

Good aftermarket support, highly modifiable.

Very solid motor with linear torque and power gives the SV high ridability for riders of varying skill level and a king size helping of character.

The SV tends to attract a different type of rider than full on sportbikes; a little more emphasis on the ride versus the pose...

Instant membership of SVRider.com :p

Cons:
Bargain bin suspension components (easily modified).

10-15 more horsepower please?

It's a "girl's bike." (Although this probably won't matter to you... ;D)

HTH

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Think of the SV as the perfect girl that your parents will fall in love with as much as you do. She may not be a playboy model but she's sexy, likes to sweat and works hard to please you. And she never gives up.

:)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Naomi is likely to find that analogy very useful Nexus ;D

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Naomi, welcome, it is always great to hear of other girls riding, I wish there were more of us.

The SV is a great bike for a new rider as long as you are sensible. It is incredibly forgiving, you can be in the wrong gear, and it doesn't matter. The throttle is not twitchy like some other bikes, so it is easy to ride as you won't get yourself into trouble if you sneeze. And it is a bike that you can really grow with, a lot of guys here race them so you are not going to get sick of it in 6 months time and want something else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome. What everyone has said is absolutely true. This bike is great all-around. Commuting, Twisties, Day Tours. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
NOsquid said:
Naomi is likely to find that analogy very useful Nexus ;D
We aims to please boss! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts