Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, pretty excited and so far lovin riding here on the NC Coast. Already ran into a snag though.

Bought my sv650 2 weeks ago and it was running great. I intended to bring it to a shop to have it serviced and looked over thoroughly the 1st chance i got, but i didn't make it that far...

The other day at work it sat in the rain for a few hours. I wanted to cover it but everyone i knew told me it was unnecessary, (guess i shouldnt of listened). Anyway, it started up fine but on the way home (thankfully only 1 mile from my house) it slowly stopped responding to the throttle and died on me. It started one more time got a few feet and stalled immediately. Now a few days later it won't start. I've tried looking at the spark plugs, most notably the drain hole for the front one. But i can't seem to find it. My model has 2 spark plugs per cylinder. Does it have a spark plug drain hole??

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Yes, but there's a little flap that covers it so that it doesn't get crap kicked up into it. Not really a common problem on 2nd gen, and I've ridden mine in a downpour more times than I care to count. See if it ever does it again, but if it's due to getting wet, then you have other problems you need to find. A little rain shouldn't kill any bike in good shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts