Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new rear tire soon. I don't ride track and am pretty much just looking for an all around type of tire. The original tire that is still on it is a Michelin Pilot Sport L 180/55 ZR 17.

·
Registered
437 Posts
For decent wear/mileage, yet still acceptable in the twisties, I'd reccommend one of the dual compound tires such as the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT or the Dunlop Roadsmart.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I heard bad things about the roadsmart from some sport tourers around where I live I guess that Dunlop is natorious for having belt issues I went out and paied the extra 40 bucks and got my Pilot Road 2CT's whcih have been great !!! they have about 2000 miles on them now and are still looking brand new no wear what so ever... and they handle really well on the twisties to since I live in Cali I get to test them on the canyons alot... I got them from arizonamototires.com I think that is the site and they were 290 out the door with shipping included.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Pilot Road 2CT is the tire I have on my SV1K now. Its good for commuting and sport touring with the harder center, but still has the softer compound on the sides if you wanna do some twisties.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've also heard good things about the Michelin 2CT. If I did more commuting/touring with mine, that would be the tire I would go for.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It is almost always the fact that the pilot road 2ct is the way to go they are a little more cash but they are worth it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It is almost always the fact that the pilot road 2ct is the way to go they are a little more cash but they are worth it.
Then I guess Dunlop, Bridgestone, and Pirelli/Metzler should just pack it in then, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Then I guess Dunlop, Bridgestone, and Pirelli/Metzler should just pack it in then, eh? :rolleyes:
Yea basiclly... maybe I shouldn't jump the gun here lets keep pirelli around as a backup. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of perelli corsa 3s, the best tire i have ever had on the bike. made it ride alot better and they are very sticky! spendy but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I got a set of Pirrelli Diablo Rossa which are also dual compound. Great tires, $300 mounted and ballanced.
Rosso are single compound tires front and rear.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The Pilot Roads were NOT the best sport touring tire for a very long while and even now it's a serious coin flip on which ST tire is best. Michelin makes a great tire but it is far, very, very far from being the hands down best moto tire maker out there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The Pilot Roads were NOT the best sport touring tire for a very long while and even now it's a serious coin flip on which ST tire is best. Michelin makes a great tire but it is far, very, very far from being the hands down best moto tire maker out there.
Have you tired the Pilot Roads 2CT?

·
Registered
437 Posts
+1
I won't put Michelin tires on a bike ever again.

But y'all can do whatever you want. :nana:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts