Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been driving my dads old bike he gave me with a pretty square rear tire and have just recently got a new one along with sprockets and chain.

The only thing i have had happen a few times now is if i commit to a sharp turn and get down into the corner my clutch side peg has clipped the floor a few times and made me flinch.

Luckily i haven't fallen off or anything due to it but im just wondering is there something im doing wrong with my general riding to get that low doing say 20 - 35mph

Cheers for any advice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never even thought of that ill measure tomorrow and have a look at the stock height thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
You might be crossed up in turns and its making you lean more. Try scooting to the inside of the turn and push your head toward where you're looking (through the turn). The more you hang off the bike to the inside, the less the bike has to lean

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
You might be crossed up in turns and its making you lean more. Try scooting to the inside of the turn and push your head toward where you're looking (through the turn). The more you hang off the bike to the inside, the less the bike has to lean
It's possible, but I doubt you could be so crossed up that you're scraping pegs at those low speeds.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Re: New rear tire and feet pegs hitting the pavement?

What kind of bike? Why are you riding it inside?
On lots of bikes it's easy to drag the feelers/pegs/boards at low speeds. Not so much on the SV.

How long (years/miles) have you been riding?

At 20-35mph, you s/b leaning into the turn, not away from the turn.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

At 20-35mph, you s/b leaning into the turn, not away from the turn.
On a streetbike, not stunting, is there any speed you would lean away from the turn?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

On a streetbike, not stunting, is there any speed you would lean away from the turn?
Parking lot speeds, the cone weave at the DMV.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an sv650 2001 model.. I've only been riding for about 4 - 5 weeks now

Not sure what the 'crossed up' term means sorry

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It's an sv650 2001 model.. I've only been riding for about 4 - 5 weeks now

Not sure what the 'crossed up' term means sorry
It means your leaning the opposite way of the turn causing the bike to lean more then it should to make the turn.

heres a link, its more advanced riding positions but it should give you an idea of what body position does to lean angle. http://www.tanoshi.net/images/lean_angle.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
If you get lowering links, that should only lower the seat height, not the foot pegs, right?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
dario, im pretty sure it lowers the whole bike. it would make it uneven if you did only the back, but definitely decrease ground clearance at the pegs.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

Parking lot speeds, the cone weave at the DMV.....
Oh snap, DMV cones are long forgotten and I never practiced on parking lots.
That needs to be on my to do list.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
dario, im pretty sure it lowers the whole bike. it would make it uneven if you did only the back, but definitely decrease ground clearance at the pegs.
My bike has lowering links, it came with it, and never really tought much of it. Maybe I should switch to stock ones...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats it.. the corners im doing it on are ones im not 100% sure on and i think im shuffling to the other side as i go in just out of lack of riding skill..

Thanks for the help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts