Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum but am hoping for some great advice... I'm in the market for a newer sv650s and I'm having a heck of a time finding a used one so I'm turning to new. I found one today but am unsure of the asking price by the shop. 05' yellow, bone stock, will throw in lower fairing and helmet (or boots in my case) OTD for $6,900. I think that's a little high. I am thinking of going in Monday with a check for $6,500 and ask them to call it a day.... think it will happen? What advice do you all have for me? I'm located in Virginia Beach, FYI. Please help....

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
We cant judge OTD price........ we all live in differant parts of the country......... taxes, MV, Doc fees will differ.......

MSRP is $6449 the bike.......

Fair discount on a leftover should be around 10% depending the demand in your area....... and how the dealer wants to move the bike........

So a nice selling price for the bike will be around $5800 + tax + MV + Doc fees...... give or take some $$$

I would never pay "set-up" fees on a bike... .....

Once you come to a proper purchase price on the bike..... then negotiate the fairings and helmets...etc...

The more stuff you muddy up the deal with , the more unclear of what you are actually are paying for the bike itself becomes........

·
Registered
211 Posts
Seems a little high.  I bought a 05 yellow SVS in San Diego for $6200 OTD about 3 months ago.  Now that the 2006s are out, I would expect a slight price drop.  However perhaps tax and registration is higher in your state?   Shop around, but don't flog yourself if you get within a $100 of your target  price, your time isn't free.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
inframarginal said:
Seems a little high.  I bought a 05 yellow SVS in San Diego for $6200 OTD about 3 months ago.  Now that the 2006s are out, I would expect a slight price drop.  However perhaps tax and registration is higher in your state?   Shop around, but don't flog yourself if you get within a $100 of your target  price, your time isn't free.
Yeah..... my guess is an estimate....... I have no doubt you can shave a few hundred off my estimate, but Like you said....... time is money....... and I also would spend more if the dealer was my local one...... since he is the one I will be using for service and repairs and gear........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for your input.... If you got one for $6200 OTD in CALI, then an offer of $6500 is not that off and I would hope that they accept it. Why aren't people getting rid of these bikes? There just doesn't seem to be too many used svs for sale.... is that b/c they are great bikes or just not that many sold? Interesting.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keep looking for used... Let someone else take the depreciation hit. On Xmas eve I picked up a blue '05 650S with 1721 miles, Yosh TRS carbon fiber pipe and real Suzuki lowers. Absolutely perfect for $4300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts