Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the Pirelli site a couple of day's ago I ran accross the site for thier new Angel ST tires:

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/motorcycle/tyres/angelst/default.page

Looks to be replacing the Strada, and they've been doing world record endurance runs to advertise it.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/599/2795/Motorcycle-Article/Pirelli-Angel-ST-Sets-World-Duration-Record.aspx

I liked the Strada's when I had them on the bike, I wonder how these are and what their price will be.

I wonder if they got another speed/distance record for pushing a bike:
"During the last lap the Kawasaki, led at that time by tester Michele Corallini, had a technical problem half way around the track risking to taint the record setting attempt. The Pirelli tester, who at 54 is also the oldest member of the team, did not lose courage and pushed the bike for more than 2 hours to cover the last seven kilometers to cross the line of the chronometrist."

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I posted about these tires earlier this year but this is new news.

"a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa, covering a distance of 5135.071 km (3190.8 mi) at an average speed of 213.96 km/h (132.9 mph) using only one set of Pirelli’s new Angel ST sport-touring tyre, a road tour simulation equal to 12,000 km (7,500 mi) at normal speeds of 80-100 km/h (50-65 mph). "

That is some crazy testing but I really wanna know how that tread pattern works in the wet?? I don't see how it moves the water via the grooves out and around the tire?? And with all that solid rubber on the shoulders the lean grip must be impressive too.

:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where is that picture of the tire from?? Looking at pirelli's website, there are more grooves on the tire than that picture shows....

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts

If this graphic is anywhere close to accurate, I'll be sold on the first set the shop can get.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
This is the pirelli Diablo Rosso which is really close other than wet traction. This is what I bought last summer, $300 mounted and ballanced. I didnt this it was too expensive.
So, how do you like your Rosso's???
Have you had a chance to you use them inthe wet? My Strada's are very good in the wet.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Talked to my dealer today who spoke with the rep recently. The Angel just got released to Europe. They do not know about the US market yet and it may come under a different name if it does.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Time to bump this thread, reason:

These tires are now in stock.

I stopped by Madison Motorsports today in Madison, WI and the owners Judy and Steve had just got their first shipment. The tread pattern was refined just a little but it stills looks and feels amazing.

Not so good news: the 120/60R17 is on back order until October.

But they do have the following in stock and priced better than the competition., about $116 for the 120/70 and $150 for the 180/55. I didn't check the price on the 160/60.

120/70R17 in stock

160/60R17 in stock
180/55R17 in stock
190/55R17 in stock

I'll be putting this tire on when I get back from vacation.

The Strada will be discontinued, just a matter of when from what they said.
Go check it out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts