Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished painting my bike. i dont have a camera so this is from my phone. its the same color that eisenfoust used. its duplicolor engine enamel "low gloss black"

by the way this is the north end of the natchez trace by nashville where i live

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good. How would you rate the whole experience? I'm debating on painting mine too, but don't know if I'm ready to take the plunge yet...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont have a camera and my laptops power cable has been messing up. anyway it looks just like danted's sv. any way the day i finished it i got in a wreck. i was approaching a light and you go up a steep hill and the intersection is at the crest. so i was coasting at like 30 up the hill and there was a blind spot where i couldnt see the car ahead of me cause of the hill. any way when i got to the light, the truck in front of me was stopped in the middle of the street. because of the hill my suspension was unloaded a little, and when i panic stoped, the front locked. the bike slid 7feet. my left shin hit his bumper. im fine though. i just got up lifted the bike started it off and rode over to the truck(he stopped) anyway no damage to the paint just shook me up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyway the tank was dented on the left side from the previous owner and i stripped the paint and found a bondoed out dent on the right. anyway i fixed the left dent with bondo and its hard to get the curves right. so ill be getting a new undented tank later on and painting it.
and sjsvs05, on a scale of 1-10 of diffoculty, id say its a 4. takes more time then skill i think. if you take your time and wet sand between coats and dont over apply paint, its kinda easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts