Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm a new owner of a 2001 SV650 (the one with fairings). I'm new to bikes as well. The previous owner already began stripping the bike down to make it look like a street fighter, and I bought the project with that inention.

I am new to the whole clip-on mirror, front head light, and gauge cluster conversion when converting to a naked look.

Can anyone recommend some inexpensive parts or brands to allow me to add clip-on mirrors, a head light (dual's would be preferred) and whether or not a naked gauge cluster will work?

I'm very comfortable with automotive wiring but I don't know which parts will physically work together.

Thanks!
-Grant

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tons of s to n conversions on here just hit the search link and start reading.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
As has been said, the search will give you lots of information.

Specific to this question:
and whether or not a naked gauge cluster will work?
The cable tree front connectors are different between N and S. Easiest way would be sourcing N connectors, cutting and splicing. Better would be changing the complete cable tree, which is not really difficult. But if you go for a streetfighter/cafe look, why bother with the N gauge cluster, especially since these are extremely rare and expensive to buy even used? Pick a cluster you like.

Regarding expensive:
My vote would be motogadet instruments like the Motoscope classic or the minimalist Motoscope mini - if they weren´t so awfully expensive. Still undecided whether to upgrade the wifes bike with the Motoscope classic.

The S upper triple tree doesn´t have the threads to mount the N cluster, BTW, so some fabbing or switching to the N top triple (that doesn´t work with the stock clipons...) would be involved anyway.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just finished the s to n swap this winter. Never worked on a bike in my life. I loved the process. I did the Buell headlight, trailtech Vapor cluster. Lots of good stuff on here about those. I made my own brackets for the headlight. Not too hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts