Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I just bought a 09 SV can't wait to get it, pick it up 1st of march. My first bike. Hence just want some advice on everything from tips on the bike etc. Anything as a new rider I could benefit from.
I have bought good quality sensible gear and have got a new bike with crash protectors because of warranty. Live the site, part of the reason for me choosing the SV. Please any advice.

Thanks and hopefully as I become more experienced I can repay the favour to another Newbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Advice.... Hmmmm... Yeah Congrats, Welcome, and Enjoy..... oh and dont try wheelies on your first day. ... wait until at least the second day...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take it easy and enjoy!! I applaud you being able to wait until march. When I was looking for a bike I was losing a lot of sleep, the excitement is consuming!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The link is really usefull, good idea, I have never had a bike before so it gives me an idea of what to look out for. Thanks

Its been hard having to wait, sleeping is a problem especially as I work less than 100 yards from where the bike is. I feel like I keep trying to find excuses to go back down there, perhaps i need another test ride etc.

Think I will be avoiding wheelies till maybe the third day, i have trouble just walking in a staright line, but hey I think i was made for two wheels.

Thanks again guys, I will keep an eye on this thread and look forward to reading more throughout the site and from you guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are brand new to riding, watch out for the throttle. The SV has awesome power. Lay low on it until you get the feel for it. If you ask it to go, it will go and get there a high rate of speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts