Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Gladius owner, first ever bike!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Picked up my Gladius on Friday and completed the Harley Davidson Riders Edge course this weekend so I'll be picking up my full license tomorrow. That's right, I'm a total greeny.

This will be my first ever bike, I wanted something forgiving for beginners, yet something I could 'grow-into' rather than 'out-of'. My GF rides a 2005 SV650 so I figured the old Gladiola would be a good match for us riding together.

I plan to just use the bike for weekend casual riding out in the mountains and along the glorious 101 coast highway here in Southern California.

Here's a piccy...

My lady on the bike at the dealer...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome Maximus.

I see you have a Blue/White Gladie. Best colour also the fastest.:thumbsup:

By the away what's that under your left grab rail. Sorry being nosey.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Maximus.

I see you have a Blue/White Gladie. Best colour also the fastest.:thumbsup:

Madjohn.
Aye, I sat in the dealer staring at a black and the white/blue for a while trying to make my mind up. In the end I decided the blue and white paint colors showed off the lines of the bike better, and of course the visibility factor is a little better.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Aye, I sat in the dealer staring at a black and the white/blue for a while trying to make my mind up. In the end I decided the blue and white paint colors showed off the lines of the bike better, and of course the visibility factor is a little better.
The Black seems to be very popular over there in the US. Not many of us Blue and White's about.

Over here in the UK I've only see one over Gladie and that was a Pink one. Not my cup of tea.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On a recent trip to Cali we were told that the Evap canister (California emissions regs) actually puts you down on horsepower...any truth to this Maximus?
I don't know for sure but I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Cali smog regs are like an overbearing mother, always finding ways to slow you down :mad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea California has smog emissions on just about everything. I'm hearing that we will be having a new motorcycle tax added this upcoming year as well and that motorcycles may be required to be smog tested same as cars soon too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
By the way Maximus. I'm also a newby. Went and took the class and got my motorcycle license, then bought a Gladius. I also have the blue and white one. My hubby rides a Yamaha FZ1 and I wanted something that I could feel comfortable on but had enough power to keep up with his 1000cc motor. So far I've put over 1000 miles on it- going through mountains and on the freeways. It handles very smoothly and has been a great first time bike so far!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Re: New Gladius owner, first ever bike!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Picked up my Gladius on Friday and completed the Harley Davidson Riders Edge course this weekend so I'll be picking up my full license tomorrow. That's right, I'm a total greeny.

Welcome along Maximus and nice pic too:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.