Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

***** NEW Official Maryland Thread *****

675K views 16K replies 179 participants last post by  Infinit_e 
#1 ·
This is bull crap!

#1,699 ·
Staggie - if you are not going to break down :nana: and plan to drive through Baltimore let me know, we can ride down together from here.

#1,692 ·
Depends on how busy people are. Some of us have time in the AM but no PM time. And some people are free for the day. Usually Jdog rounds up the folks wanting to go out and leads them on some wayfaring adventure :)

#1,694 ·
Watch out for the old folks, you'll catch old person cooties. :p

Usually Jdog rounds up the folks wanting to go out and leads them on some wayfaring adventure :)
Lol, that's one way to put it. Hey, we only lost two people last time! :p (Not really)

Yeah, if enough people have put their bikes back together and there's still some daylight left we will usually do a little loop round the local twisties. There are some relatively ok roads about 15 minutes away from the cave. Generally it's around 20-50 miles, depending on time and how many riders there are. We just kinda wander at a mostly noob friendly pace.

#1,705 ·
I'll throw the shock in the saddlebag. I didn't do much research before I bought it. It is a 2008 GSXR 750 shock. I vaguely remember reading that it lowers the rear a bit - but definitely do a search and see what more knowledgeable folks have to say.

Wally - still need to sign up for the total control class - Frick has me convinced that it is a good thing. You still thinking of signing up?

#1,704 ·
hmmmm - really? buhuhuhahahaha guess we should meet in fells point then for coffee and you can take a rest break. :)

well I kinda hate to make you drive through downtown baltimore if you're not familiar with it.

good place would be in catonsville believe it's 144 off 695 - you'll drive right by there. if you want to plan on a break at that point we'll find a coffee shop and grab a cup of joe.

justin - how about meeting off fredrick road someplace (aka 144 in catonsville). there anyplace to grab a coffee (if staggie wants to stop). we can shoot right over to 97 down - believe it's a little more direct.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.273851,-76.724331&spn=0.004568,0.007639&t=h&z=17

Staggie - sounds like jbs is thinking 10AM+ wanna shoot for hitting catonsville around 10AM - be about 30->40 minutes from the bat cave. that work? justin - that work for you?

#1,703 ·
I guess I always assume mail will take two days lol. I don't usually bother mailing things so close lol.

Brad... I didn't assume you wouldn't be riding. I flat out know your bike is in pieces and you're not going to be riding it lol.

#1,711 ·
Haven't been able to touch it in a while because the weather has been too wet, cold, or both.

The rear panels need a single light coat of clear, then I'll cut them and polish them.

The tank has been stripped and I'm waiting for some warm, dry weather so that I can take it outside and finish sanding it for priming. I also need to finish sanding the filler I used to get rid of that ugly-assed stamped seam at the bottom of the tank.

The front fender is painted, but needs some touch up before I can start applying clear coat.

Yeah, it's a long way from completion. I wish I had just waited until summer time; I could then get it done in just a couple of weeks.

#1,713 ·
If you guys are coming out Saturday, I plan on doing a little riding earlier in the morning. Before the whole Maint Day thing get's rolling. Nothing serious, just a fun little jaunt, let me know if yall are interested and we'll figure a time.

I still plan on riding some afterward too.

#1,742 ·
What time are you thinking J?

Dawg, I'm in suitland right now! working :(
Thats right you work over at the census right? I know a few folks over there including my sister. Thats walking distance from my bike. I'm down the road behind the rite aid. If not for the apt you could actually see the house.

#1,717 ·
hey bambam actually now that i think about i think im going to have to leave from Columbia, im dog sitting. so you guys should just meet up ill roll down on my own. as for the shock yeah i think ive found some post about it but i just wanted to check it out and talk to see if anyone there will have any ideas for me. if its to much trouble then dont worry about it.

#1,731 ·
Welcome to the madhouse. :p

If you're gonna be riding anyway, come on down, meet the peeps, tear bikes to pieces and put them back together. Then follow the owners through the local twisty bits to see if the bike self destucts. It's always a good time. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.