Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

15741 - 15750 of 15750 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys figured I'd update you after all this time.

I ended up selling the SV650S and buying a Husky SM610, carb'd model. It's a huge difference but I'm really enjoying the supermoto life :)

See you guys around!

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15,747
So my bike was broken for a few months...

The rear adjuster bolt on the left side of the bike snapped and the chain jumped the sprocket. This was not before a significant portion of the chain slammed forward breaking my shift rod, shift rod oil gasket, and clutch cover bolt before jamming itself between the magneto cover and the front sprocket. Lots of fun stuff. I got the bike towed home and it sat for a while.

Cutting off the old chain.

This can't be undone.

Pretty sure bolts aren't supposed to be bent that way...

Here's the new shift rod next to the old one.

This all got broken the day I tried to test drive on my newly rebuilt forks. I used 15wt fork oil, 1.0kg springs, and installed new fork bushings and oil seals. I did that not two weeks after I replaced the ignition. The old key and ignition stopped working. I haven't taken apart the old ignition but I'm not even sure I should. The new one works perfectly all of the time. :D

So yeah. new ignition, fork springs, emulators, fork bearings, fork oil, sprockets, chain, clutch rod, clutch rod seal, clutch cover bolts, rear axle adjusters, and she's all back to normal! I'll change the oil and tires soon. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow... it's like every automotive community with a "chit-chat" forum has Maryland with an outrageously long thread that noone else can come close to :)

representin! 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys my name is Sean and I'm new to this forum. I was born in Baltimore and lived there until I was 21 and then moved to Colorado. I own a 2001 sv650 with gsxr fork conversion if you guys meet up in the summer let me know as I visit in the summers and would love to go riding with yall!

15741 - 15750 of 15750 Posts