Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11781 - 11800 of 15750 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is there a pic of the shock? Or can you post a link to the auction. I don't recall the year range, but I can probably tell you by looking at it whether or not it will require cutting.

Blast! It ended an hour ago. It looked like this though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-KAWASAKI-NINJA-ZX10R-REAR-SHOCK-ABSORVER-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa9366aabQQitemZ320666495659QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm reading more about it and from what I can tell is that if the reservoir is angled up then it won't fit without cutting the battery box. If it's at a 90 deg angle, she'll fit right in there. Is that right?

I have def noticed the "pogo stick" reaction of the stock shock. It doesn't make cornering fun here in Bmore. That's why I'm looking into it a little.

Would putting a shock with 10K miles on it be worth it anyway?

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
You are correct. That one would have required some creative modification of the battery box. You want the one with the res on the 90 deg angle.

10k is just getting broken in. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
You are correct. That one would have required some creative modification of the battery box. You want the one with the res on the 90 deg angle.

10k is just getting broken in. :)
Thank you sir. I'll keep an eye out for an 06-07 shock. Should be a fun project. When's the next maintenance day anyway? I could host one, if you guys don't mind working in an alley. We could grill some burgers and shoot rats while we're at it.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Thank you sir. I'll keep an eye out for an 06-07 shock. Should be a fun project. When's the next maintenance day anyway? I could host one, if you guys don't mind working in an alley. We could grill some burgers and shoot rats while we're at it.
Who you callin sir? :p

No problem man. I think JBS is thinking of having one in April. Just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Are we talking torso length or circumfrence, ha ha ha :facepalm:

Yea, just emailed a guy who is selling one for around $100 so we will see. Still need to get the bike out of winter storage and get her back on the road again. Hard to do with snow in the forecast though. Come on spring!!!
If you don't get it or get it and don't like it, I'll be happy to take it for around $100.

Even with the modified stock seat riding over an hour straight causes me some discomfort.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Well, whatever year it is, it looks good. Welcome to the forum. Be sure to try and make a maintenance day and meet the local crew.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmm...i guess the guy who sold me it was wrong, it is a 2005. But nonetheless, thanks for the nice comments, i will definitely look into your maintenance day. I do have some work to do on it!

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,799
Must be a very subtle smidgen cuz I definitely couldnt tell the difference!
I'm a color whore though and very particular about particular colors :)

I love Takata Green (racing harnesses). Laguna Seca Blue (E46 M3 OMG). Integra Type R Canary Yellow (No A/C but five lug spindles lol).

And of course, 07 Pearl Vigor Blue on our SVs (also found on the gixxxxxxers).

(it's all in the details)

11781 - 11800 of 15750 Posts