Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

9961 - 9980 of 15750 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Anyone have any spare stock 1gen front right turn signal they would like to sell me?

I pulled a really boneheaded move and glanced my signal off the rear bumper of an SUV that passed me on the inside me at a right turn then stopped. It shattered the black housing. Look then go.:facepalm:

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Anyone else have a Scorpion EXO-400 helmet? Riding yesterday, it would not stop fogging up. I am not sure whether to get a new visor for it or whether I need a better helmet. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone have experience with the Honda CB600F? Im considering one for my next bike. Love the look, has more power than the SV and insurance is only $20 more a year.

Clean your windshield. It only fogs up when dirty.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Duct tape.
Hmm, that would match my headlight housing. I went fancy and used black gorilla tape.

Found that Lake Shore Harley sells the Buell signals for $12 each so I got a whole new set to break. Hope they actually ship in a reasonable amout of time.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Anyone have any spare stock 1gen front right turn signal they would like to sell me?

I pulled a really boneheaded move and glanced my signal off the rear bumper of an SUV that passed me on the inside me at a right turn then stopped. It shattered the black housing. Look then go.:facepalm:
I have a spare stock 2nd gen front right turn signal....but I guess that doesnt help you lol

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I am going to have to replace my tires next season so I am scouting out prices and such. Is it really between $100 and $150 a tire plus (looking at Ram Cycles web site) $75 to mount the front and $85 to mount the back? So it will cost me between $360 and $410 to get 2 tires actually put on the bike? Thats insane! Hopefully I am misunderstanding something.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I am going to have to replace my tires next season so I am scouting out prices and such. Is it really between $100 and $150 a tire plus (looking at Ram Cycles web site) $75 to mount the front and $85 to mount the back? So it will cost me between $360 and $410 to get 2 tires actually put on the bike? Thats insane! Hopefully I am misunderstanding something.
Tires are normally in the 100-150$ range per tire. If you ever came to a maintinance day you would know that we change tires like gangbusters. :p

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
NewEnough kind of rules. I ordered a Go Pro HD and a cover at 11:30ish yesterday. I got the tracking number in my email around 10:20 this morning and sent it to TrackMyShipments. 25 minutes later it had emailed me saying my package was delivered. I opened my door, and there it was.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, I've ordered from them before, but this must be the first time everything was from the warehouse, since it usually takes a couple days. (And I always donate to SVR.)

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
On a side note...Nearly 900 miles since replacing the clutch and fixing all the little "wrongs" with the car. Runs GREAT. Gas mileage sucks, but it's a lot of fun and SO MUCH better than my Mirage.

That squeak you told me about...I think it's something in the car, not the rear suspension. Jessi gives me hell about my "gay little car" but I don't care.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
On a side note...Nearly 900 miles since replacing the clutch and fixing all the little "wrongs" with the car. Runs GREAT. Gas mileage sucks, but it's a lot of fun and SO MUCH better than my Mirage.

That squeak you told me about...I think it's something in the car, not the rear suspension. Jessi gives me hell about my "gay little car" but I don't care.
It might be a gay little car, but it can rip around Queen Anne's Bridge Road all rally style pretty good. ;D

9961 - 9980 of 15750 Posts