Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 15750 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Do you program switches and deal with the network infrastructure at layers 1, 2, and 3 (OSI model)?

(I've been a sys admin before and never had to deal with switches/routers but your job might be different?)
We don't need to deal with layer 1,2,3. It just work.
Blinky Blinky means it running. lol
We had a Network engineer but he left. We had a DBA was layoff. We had System engineer but he left. All is left is us sysadmins. lol

·
Registered
768 Posts
We had a Network engineer but he left. We had a DBA was layoff. We had System engineer but he left. All is left is us sysadmins. lol
dude.. you're so lame. Ben and I invited you to ride with us but you rejected.. D=

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry Medic and Ben. Its one of those days where I too keen on going out. I hope I can ride next time.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,965
*sigh*

Blinky blinky only covers layer 1 lol. Vlan could be wrong. Routing table could be screwed. Too many variables lol.

Are you guys hiring? lol.

·
Registered
318 Posts
*sigh*

Blinky blinky only covers layer 1 lol. Vlan could be wrong. Routing table could be screwed. Too many variables lol.

Are you guys hiring? lol.
You work for the govt. I don't. We an only dream for working for the govt. hehehe

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,968
You work for the govt. I don't. We an only dream for working for the govt. hehehe
No way. My dream is to incorporate and go 1099 or corp-to-corp with the gov't. BIG chedda!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Let me see what my 50mm is; I don't think it's as fast as yours.

If mine is slower (I think it is), how much do you want for it?

Plastic or metal body?
Plastic, but it has a very solid build with good quality plastic and metal mount. It's an EF mount by the way. Is your 50mm the 100 dollar one? If so, that's the 50mm 1.8 which I had, and this is build A LOT better than that. At the next maintenance meet you can definitely take a look at it, if i have it by then. I'm asking for 300 on CG right now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I am buying a torque wrench to start doing more work myself and to stop stripping bolts (or leaving them too loose like my oil drain plug once :sbmfacepalm:)... Anything I should know about them? I am seeing the tightest I am going to need to torque something is 72.5lb/ft for the rear axle nut. Am I missing anything else? I want to make sure I get one that can torque to every spec I need for the bike.

Also recommendations on 'your own trusty torque wrench brand that you've been using since 'nam and does not cost more than my bike' accepted.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Friggin sweet!! :rock:

Details?
It's not too old... 1982 Seca/XJ 550R, 20k miles

Pros:
New carbs
New Clutch
Motor runs strong
Reached about 90+mph (guessing) Pretty **** fast for a 550.

Cons:
Leaks Oil
Battery probably needs to be replaced
Speedo is dead, probably going to try replacing the cable and see if that fixes it.

The Fiancee tried riding it this afternoon and it's a bit tall for her, so I'm going try to lower it. Maybe I can find a lower seat. Battery died after about 15 mintues of her learning to ride it in the parkinglot and had to get a jump haha. Over all the bike is in very good condition for it's age. This winter I'll probably be tearing it down and repaint it while I repaint my SV. Hopefully it won't be too hard trying to restore it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
So I am buying a torque wrench to start doing more work myself and to stop stripping bolts (or leaving them too loose like my oil drain plug once :sbmfacepalm:)... Anything I should know about them? I am seeing the tightest I am going to need to torque something is 72.5lb/ft for the rear axle nut. Am I missing anything else? I want to make sure I get one that can torque to every spec I need for the bike.

Also recommendations on 'your own trusty torque wrench brand that you've been using since 'nam and does not cost more than my bike' accepted.
Dude. You can borrow mine.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Harbor Freight has some for $20 or $10 with a coupon (often in the back of Motorcyclist). I don't vouch for their accuracy, but seems good enough to me for as often as I use it.

·
Registered
749 Posts

I had to buy two to cover everything. One is a 3/8" in/lb the other is a 1/2" ft/lb. Both of mine are Husky from Homeless Depot. They currently carry a 3/8" 10-100 ft/lb for $75.00 and that should cover most if not all for the SV.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had to buy two to cover everything. One is a 3/8" in/lb the other is a 1/2" ft/lb. Both of mine are Husky from Homeless Depot. They currently carry a 3/8" 10-100 ft/lb for $75.00 and that should cover most if not all for the SV.
Yeah, I have the 1/2 husky one too. I did alot of research and a lot of people were saying the husky ones were better than the craftsman. Plus, a few people who were privileged and were able to do a few tests on their accuracy were saying they're about 2%+/- The accuracy in my opinion is more important with higher torqued bolts hence why I got the 1/2 husky, and the harborfreight brand as my small torque wrench to do 10 ft*lb stuff.

5% off at 100 ft*lb is a lot more than 10% at 10 ft*lb. I guess if you're just doing regular stuff it wouldnt matter, but if you do engine work, you dont want to crush the gasket either.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
So... I went to see the practice session by behind Chevy's at Gaithersburg. Apparently it's a group of Harley riders that just get together every Friday at 6.30pm.

Anyways, all very nice people and there we are doing cone weaves, tight turns, and other low speed maneuvers. So when it was time to take a break, I thought it would be a great idea to check my tire pressure, as my moves didn't feel as smooth as they could have. Back tire - 35. So i go slide the bike forward to check the front, and I guess ended up folding the d*mn kickstand in the process and down it went! My brand new gear shifter snapped right off by the toe part and rest of the impact was absorbed by the bar ends and frame sliders. Oh it was a gruesome ride home! D*mn Harleys!
I guess I should have mentioned that the instructor I had was a Harley rider :p He is apparently on vacation though and is supposed to email me when he gets back. Did you enjoy the session? Was it helpful? Maybe we can get enough people to go to even out the sport bike numbers a little. Plus I think a little sport bike/ harley intermingling is good for all of us. Its good to remember we are all riders regardless of what we ride. If nothing comes up this Friday, I will be there.

8961 - 8980 of 15750 Posts