Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
801 - 820 of 15752 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the ole M4 yesterday- what a pain they made taking off the heat shield - no need for the tack weld of the bolt to the nut....any how once that was taken care of the rest was simple- man does it sound better - Had to take her around the block a couple of times... I can't wait for another warm day (at least 40) so I can open it up a bit.

The brake lines are next once the vac kit comes in

·
Registered
307 Posts
Clinton Cycles service must be waaaaay better than their sales. I looked at a used SVS from them but they tried to rape me on fees and they thought that a 2003 SVS was worth $6k in 2006.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i guess i was just doing a service comparison to hyser, which when it comes to suzukis they have 0 knowledge, and judging they dont deal with suzukis they shouldnt.

but they should have told me that before they let me assume they did, as they told me they knew.

trust me clinton has told me they are going to call hyser to talk to them to help me get a refund.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Hey J-Dog, saw the Vader ride in person yesterday. I am digging the sparkling black paint job. Really shines in the sunlight. Looking good man.
Thank ya sir. I tell you what, it's a totally different ride than the SV. I have to set the sag though, the suspension isn't set up for me yet. That, and it needs a fender eliminator. The ugly shovel on the back has to go. :)

How did the paintball tourney go? Come back with all of your fingers and toes?
Actually, it was a six hour game. Tourneys are in the spring/summer. :)
We did well. Personally, I kicked much ass, and as a result, I can hardly move today. :lol: Also, one of my guys won MVP for the game, which is no small feat considering there were over 400 people playing. Haha, and yeah, I still have all my fingers and toes, I just managed to bang myself up a bunch as usual. :)

My team.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
No, been feeling like crap this week. I was going to ride yesterday, but when I stood up to go out, I got really dizzy and my nose started leaking so I decided it was a bad idea to ride.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Unfortnately no. Still to many patches of ice and crap in the intersections. Plus, I didn't wake up in time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
well i figured if i made it through in the morning that the heat during the day would melt all the ice for the way home. i hope im correct lol cause this mornings ride was a lil boring yet just as dangerous haha

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Yeah, I'm not so much worried about the ice in the afternoons as much as I'm worried about sand.

The city of Bowie seems to prefer sand to salt, and dumps a metric ****ton of it in every intersection and around every ramp.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Did any one get out last friday when it was like 45?

I had an absolute blast on the roads once I figured out how the salted roads behaved. Salt can be a blast to ride on when it blankets the road in that white thin film. Its the closest to feeling like dirt riding Ive ever encountered on the street. The downside is the need to wash your bike in the cold weather after the ride lol.

Heavy sand and ice...I aint fkin with. More power to the people who do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was on my way home from work last night and I decided to swing past Adams Morgan to see what was good. The first two bikes that I saw was a blue first gen naked and 05 yellow naked parked right next to each other. Was anyone from here partying down Adams Morgan last night?

·
Registered
200 Posts
i got done rejetting my bike with Ivan's kit, along with modifying my new K&N filter per ivan's instructions. i have yet to ride it as i am getting ready too.

kit was 89shipped
filter was 56 shipped

i have done all the instructions and started her up. absolutely no popping still (so i know i didnt mess up the settings) and it revs fast, has a deeper tone, and responds quickly. i cant wait to take it out lol

the process from getting out of bed to starting it up took about an hour and 45 mins.

time for a shower to get rid of the gas smell

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Took a ride to my grandparents' house today to test out the SV and the new suit :thumbsup: Felt so good to be back on the bike.
Now I just need to figure out a better way to mount the mirrors, order the Vapor, and paint the plastics...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Took a ride to my grandparents' house today to test out the SV and the new suit :thumbsup: Felt so good to be back on the bike.
Now I just need to figure out a better way to mount the mirrors, order the Vapor, and paint the plastics...
Bar end mirrors my friend, the only way to go on the naked. We can rig up a set from a bicycle shop for about $20. I am happy to help pain the plastics anytime.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Good stuff Mike! If'n you need a hand with anything, give me a holler.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Jason,

Thnx again for showing me a few two-lanes roads - wish I could have stuck around a little longer.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Jason,

Thnx again for showing me a few two-lanes roads - wish I could have stuck around a little longer.
No problem man. Good to meet ya! There are a few nice roads around. I just wish there wasn't so much salt and crap still on the road, that stuff makes me nervous.

And yes, I did go home to get the Viffer to let her run a bit. :)
I decided to go grab a cup of coffee in downtown Annapolis, and this guy rolls down his window and starts asking me about the VFR, saying how cool it looks and whatall. Then he's saying "Gimme a wheelie man!" Ahhaaahaha..... No.

801 - 820 of 15752 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.