Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
if said rules are actually enforced this board could become extremely boring. a technical board is helpful. but a board without any fun/humor is a waste (IMO).

it was said by a (now former) member - this place is nothing without it's members.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stranger said:
if said rules are actually enforced this board could become extremely boring. a technical board is helpful. but a board without any fun/humor is a waste (IMO).

it was said by a (now former) member - this place is nothing without it's members.

+1. I agree.

Oh crap. I just broke the rules. :eek:

·
Registered
482 Posts
No way!!! I'm just about to eclipse the 1K mark, and we're gonna cut out religion and politics???? :'( :'( Hmmmm... I wonder how many oil questions I can ask? Is 20 unreasonable?

Just kidding.

I'm guessing those are just guidelines as opposed to rules??? Please. ;D

·
Registered
622 Posts
I am really not into Politics anyway....... ;D ;) ;D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Manuelcasi said:
I am really not into Politics anyway....... ;D ;) ;D
*steps away from the computer laughing*

(please don't hurt me for sending a one line message; it couldn't be helped)

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
I nearly posted a similar thread today - seems like there is some confusion as our mods post in the political and religious threads with their opinions.

N

·
0 Posts
"The Honorable President George W. Bush is the Anti-Christ."

Discuss.

;)

EDIT: Correction. No disrespect intended to the office of the President.

:)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Once again It is President Bush...... Honorable is for judges  ::) ;D ::)

·
Registered
113 Posts
My gut tells me that the "no politics or religion" rule will be overlooked unless and until the discussions get mean. At that point, the rule could be enforced.

My gut also tells me that a DQ Blizzard would be good right now. It's 9am; my gut is a psycho. ;D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Better still, do the posted rules only apply to the main message board since that is where they were posted. I will keep my thoughts to myself about a lot of the posts in the open forum but I cannot see banning politics and religion in the open forum. Seems the open forum might as well be removed if that is the case. I PMed the admin asking this same question.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh man, just when I thought that this board was giving my brain some fun, entertaining stimulation....

Looks like it's going to get pretty boring around here. I know I'm new, but I was really liking this place. Now what am I going to do with the boring 8 hours in my day?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
HartSplash said:
Looks like it's going to get pretty boring around here.  I know I'm new, but I was really liking this place.  Now what am I going to do with the boring 8 hours in my day?
don't worry. we'll find ways to entertain ourselves. even if it means resurrecting the backup board!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I don't think there's much flesh left on that dead horse.  You guys are like a bunch of old spinsters bitch about how crappy everything is.  Do what you normally do and keep it civil and you have nothing to fear.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Pssst-- Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

One complaint leveled at the mods/administrator when enforcing forum rules was that there was no formal boundary line. Now there is, so it makes things that much easier for the mods to defend their actions since they need only direct the attention of complaining posters who have been moderated to that warning thread listing the boundaries.

Methinks as long as discussions are civil and not belligerent, we will be allowed to continue to stray from strictly motorcycle topics as we have in the past. Use some sense and we'll be fine...

p.s. Sorry, I just watched The Terminator: "You're moderated, *&^#%!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts