Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
07 650n
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’m new to the forum and have been lurking and gaining knowledge about my 07 gen 2.
Finally thought I should just join up and share my project sv. I have been riding now for 48 years most of it good.

List of past bikes some current

Honda qa50 first bike
Suzuki ts50
RD 400
ZRX 1200
Gen1 Busa
Gen2 Busa
GSXR 1000
KLX250
Z900
And now my beloved SV

I have learned more here about my bike and follow your suggestions and advice about a direction to go with it. So far I am really pleased with this bike and intend to keep it long term it’s just a hoot to ride.t

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Welcome to SVR TM, good to have you here. That's a beautiful specimen. Enjoy the forums and be active.

·
Registered
07 650n
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou I will:) As for the bike it was need of some series TLC so I gave her some. It was quit scary to ride when I first picked it up so brakes where first of coarse and after that suspension and so on and now what a great bike. It’s just perfect for the twisty roads I ride.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Sweet bike!! Welcome to the forum!
I've had several of the same bikes you have, the RD400, ZRX1200, Gen 1 Busa, GSXR1k. Been eyeballing a new GSXR to go with the SVS, see what the spring brings. :D

·
Registered
07 650n
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet I would love a new R1 and will get one in a couple more years but for sure my 06 gsxr was was a scalpel at the track.

Forgot I also rode the old 500 triple suicide machine, straight line fast but stoping and turning were always spooky but what a great sound. Cr500 too along with the old hodaka super rat with a big chrome tank. :cool:

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Sweet I would love a new R1 and will get one in a couple more years but for sure my 06 gsxr was was a scalpel at the track.

Forgot I also rode the old 500 triple suicide machine, straight line fast but stoping and turning were always spooky but what a great sound. Cr500 too along with the old hodaka super rat with a big chrome tank. :cool:
My first bike (1976) was a Suzuki X6 Hustler. Parents were deathly afraid of motorcycles, so I had to wait until I was 18 and legally able to independently buy and own such. Had a Mach 1 triple for a minute (flip bike), and yeah, modern mountain bicycle has far better suspension.:D
My dirt bike career came late on and I was never very good at it as a result. Had an XR400, an early (no e-start) WR250F, KDX200, and two YZ250s. Still have the last YZ that I completely altered into a woods/harescramble bike, but probably going to sell it in the spring to help finance another street effort.
Here's a vid of some of the local woods riding stuff on the afore mentioned YZ (plus many more on my YT channel)..
.. Annd..
Both on the same day after a usual heavy spring/early summer rain here in the Ozarks.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
First bike was a Honda Trail 70. Followed by Suzuki 100, YZ 125, 250, 400, TT500, FZs, GSXRs. MO, I'd love to pick up another YZ 250 (2-stroke) and race in the old timer's class. Finding time is the hardest part.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
First bike was a Honda Trail 70. Followed by Suzuki 100, YZ 125, 250, 400, TT500, FZs, GSXRs. MO, I'd love to pick up another YZ 250 (2-stroke) and race in the old timer's class. Finding time is the hardest part.
I broke my right femur in 2016 on a bicycle training ride. The next summer (2017) I could barely start the YZ, and the ongoing thought of something like that happening 4-5 miles out, over a couple ridges, and being hauled out in a gurney towed behind a farm buggy quad, with no pain meds, pretty much took the desire to ride the woods out of me. I'm 64 years old (just turned 59 at the time of the break), got lucky and walked the femur thing off after 2 months with the help of a 18" Titanium rod and a very good surgeon. Might not be so lucky the next time. The local woods riders here (including myself with 4 broken ribs out there) are a walking injury documentary. I can't keep up with the guys who are 20-30 years younger than me, so time to call it and sell the YZ. Sweet bike,, 2003 (steel frame) YZ250, fresh piston (rode it up and down the yard a couple times), RT Gold Valves shimmed for 200lb rider/C class offroad (was a cool learning experiencing revalving fork and shock), 270mm oversize front rotor on WR450 wheels 2.15x18 rear), oversize IMS tank. 11oz FW weight, other small items, $1800.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
pretty much took the desire to ride the woods out of me.
Yea, I've always considered riding in the woods too dangerous, with trees jumping in front of you and such. I prefer a good motocross track. In fact, I took a few hot laps recently, and my times were not embarrassing for a 60 year old fart.

And sorry trailmonkey, we've steered your intro thread a bit, ahem, off track.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Yea, I've always considered riding in the woods too dangerous, with trees jumping in front of you and such. I prefer a good motocross track. In fact, I took a few hot laps recently, and my times were not embarrassing for a 60 year old fart.

And sorry trailmonkey, we've steered your intro thread a bit, ahem, off track.
Yeah, I got an "09 KX250F to try a bit of MX a few years ago. The tracks around here are jump monkey affairs. One you do half the lap in the air, and the other is a biiig fast thing with a lot of "I can see my house from here" size jumps. It didn't take too long to figure hucking my ass 30ft high and 70-80 feet down wind while tapped out in 4th gear wasn't always going to end well. Sold that one and moved on half way through the second summer..:D

·
Registered
07 650n
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it’s got two wheels it’s for me:) your right about the woods, I ride off into the woods here where I live and sometimes fairly deep into the sticks and it’s always in the front of my mind about having an accident or even a break down since I’m alone. I always take tools and stuff but yep I’m almost 59 and can’t take a big hit. At least not anymore. My mountain bike career has saw to that as some of my best wipeouts have been peddling.

Nice vids MoHillbilly looks like a couple times a propeller and rudder May have been needed(y)
Lots of mud here right now snow to almost took a swim the other day, just ended up with soak feet.🥶

1 - 16 of 16 Posts