Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I recently came across a 99 SV650..it looked a little rough..but runs well...I owned  a 90 Kawasaki Ninja 600 in the way past...and now looking to ride again...but with a low start up cost...this bike looked like it would fit the bill..with a little work.

Now the problem..One front fork is Bent... I would like to know what my options are inorder to replace it...is there an aftermarket fork I can get...beside oem...

Is there older bikes...I can use there forks from...looking for Cheap route to get me on the road..
Perhaps is there a Cool conversion out there..that others do inorder to dress up front end of bike.

Also...how involved is in for me to do the Swap myself...I'm a Handy Car Tuner..but with no Bike experience.

Thanks so Much
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forks should be easy to change although i aint done it myself, on the sv the forks are a very soft metal and bend very easily so becareful if buying second hand. a guy on here(northwind) from the uk used a set of gsxr forks he will prob be along shortly and will tell you all about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everyone is using gsxr forks
cost is around 900 give or take compleat set up.

theres a set of sv forks on ebay for 100 bucks... i would go that way if you just want to ride...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts