Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I do enjoy forums so I'll probably be around here somewhat often. I just recently picked up a 2005 SV650S with 21k. Seems like higher mileage, but single owner, beautifully maintained bike. This is my first motorcycle, but I'm no stranger to the roads. I'm 23, work at a Land Rover parts company as the photographer and in the marketing team. Currently I have my 2002 Discovery II:

My 2004 Volvo S60R:

And now, the newest of all; my 2005 Suzuki SV650S:

Please if you have any tips or any fun mods let me know. The previous owner did quite a few small tasteful mods.

Thanks!
Zack

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
That is one huge Land Rover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing based on common sense that the frame slider is strictly for protection in a slide? Does it provide any other use, like feet position? Also, do you suggest any certain brand or place to purchase?

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Motosliders from SVRacingParts.com

They are mainly there for crash protection, but yes, you can put your legs on them...feet is a bit of a crunch.

I've heard/seen people using them for GoPro mounting points and for supporting the bike on jackstands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Mike, thanks! There was an article written about the Volvo in the Burlington Free Press earlier this year that was pretty cool. Did you just pick up a bike in VT as well? Did you get the one in St. Albans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!
Anyways, I'm new to riding bikes, but this bike seems to have an inordinate amount of backpressure. Is that normal? It feels like a downshift every time I let off the throttle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts