Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone whats up im Brad, Im from Athens texas I recently bought a 2005 Suzuki Sv650 off Craigslist. This is my second bike my first one was a 1994 Katana 750 that I sold cause I wanted something more modern and Vtwin. I bought this bike off of the east texas craigslist which I only gave a $1000 for it. The guy I got it from didnt know much about bikes and thought he got screwed in a trade, but only did he know he didnt know what he had. First off the bike had d&d exhaust on it and I believe they are 06 gsxr forks and had full gsxr plastics also but they look like absolute crap. The bike smoked pretty bad and kept on dying but for a $1000 I couldnt pass it up. So I brought it home and me and a buddy worked on it, first by taking off all the fairings so we could see the oil gauge and come to find out it had a extra quart of oil in it lol. That solved the biggest smoking problem but next week I will be buying a full exhaust system havent really decided on which one yet though. The person before that owned it put the d&d on it which was not made for it and it was rubbing against the swing arm so i purchased a new one off ebay for $50. I also have ordered a new rear master brake cylinder and a new factory tail. Also next week I will be ordering the conversion kit for the gsxr rear wheel and the 520 kit. One more thing the gsxr forks that are on it the handle bars seem way too low and are hitting the gas tank. Any solutions???? But once again I just wanted to introduce myself and im glad I could be apart of this forum.

Thanks,
Brad

Attachments

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
:hello:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts