Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! After lurking the site for the past several months I decided the right thing to do was to join in the fun so I could post and get answers to my many questions. I've been riding since I was 19 (I'm 54), motocross back in the 70's, took a break for a while, raced stock cars a little bit, then four years ago my husband decided he wanted to get a motorcycle. I told him two choices; #1 get one bike and ride alone because there was NO way i was getting on the back, OR #2 get two bikes and we would ride together. He chose #2. I got a 1996 800 Intruder, he got a 2005 1400 Boulevard. After a while, however, I began to get antsy and wanted something with more 'kick" and more fun in the twisties. A guy that works for me and knew what he was talking about (obviously) suggested the SV650. I planned to wait a year, but in looking at them, I decided I really wanted a red one and hubby wanted me to get a new bike, so I needed to find a 2007. I also wanted/needed the naked version. Matt at Westcoast Powersports (member here and AWESOME salesman!) found the only one in Florida and busted his backside to make the deal happen for me (did I mention he got me a great deal? Matt I owe ya, I LOVE this bike!) But I digress...., anyway, everything they say about the SV650 is 100% true, this bike is incredible. I love riding again, can't wait for the weekends and now I'M the one that bugs hubby to ride instead of the other way around. Love the bike, Love the site, and thanks to everyone that have helped me figure out what mods I want to do in the future as I stealthily lurked through your discussions, they have helped tremendously.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Welcome to SVR. I've got ya beat by a few years, but it's great to have another member in the same age bracket, especially with motocross experience. I know what you mean about the SV being incredible. I've had mine a week yesterday and I can't wait for it to stop raining and warm up a bit.

Let us know what you're up to!!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Welcome. And thanks guys. Y'all make me feel young at 49 ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yay! Another rider in the same age group, rode mx, and is female. Welcome to the site. Hope you and hubby have some great rides together.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts