Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm newly signed up on the forums, but not new to your forums. I've been lurking around for a while, checking out info and builds here and there. There is a lot of nice looking bikes rolling around in here, and some great information.

Anyway, about myself: I've got a 2008 SV650N, black frame, Dark Grey in color. I bought it in February, and I've put about 2,000 miles on it so far now. first mod was a fender eliminator kit with LED turn signals. I haven't installed the turn signals yet, cause I was contemplating whether I wanted to go with those or something different. Second mod was the Delkevic 350mm Stainless slipon exhaust. I really wanted the carbon fiber exhaust but didn't want to part with an additional $70. Mods after that are currently at a stand still, as I dumped my bike this morning (literally this morning) and I'm gonna work on replacing the parts that got marked up.

The dump is my fault and I'm fine with admitting it. The tires weren't warm yet, it was a dewey morning here in NY. I should have paid more attention to these conditions and it cost me. I was mid turn and started rolling on the gas and the bike slid out from underneath me, onto the left hand side. Scraped up my clutch lever, shifter lever, bar end, and kick stand. Completely broke my mirror off. Didn't put even a tiny scratch on anything else, I fealt extremely fortunate for that. So now I'm chasing down a mirror (maybe plural), new clutch lever (and maybe brake if I go a different route), shifter lever, and bar ends. I'm just gonna grind down the rash on the kick stand and attempt to paint it black again.

Anyway, I know these threads are worthless without pics. I have a few of before the dump today. I'll try to get these up later. I'll also grab a few of the damage, as I undergo my quest to find new/replacement parts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, I like the blacked out look. So I'm gonna try to stick with a "black" theme as I mod my bike. I found some Carbon Fiber clutch and break levers on Ebay that I'm considering. Anyone else have something like those that can attest for their reliability, stability, and resistance to breakage?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's right, I think the description said they were made of aluminum. Maybe I should just stick with a regular black set of handles. CF look might not be all that great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, ordered a shifter off eBay Tuesday. Clutch lever and perch next I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few pics taken with my phone from before my new tires and the Delkevic exhaust:

Not shown in the pics are my Shinko 009's on the front and rear, and the 350mm Delk. I'll grab a few more once I get my shifter and possibly the new turn signals and rear brake light that I want.

I bought it completely stock with 2800 miles from the original owner. I've known him pretty much since around the time he bought the bike. I even helped put 500 of the 2800 miles on it over the last couple years. I really liked the style of the bike, and the dark color, and he was looking to sell it. So when it was possible for me, I bought it off him. It's now got ~2000 miles more since I bought it around March this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts