Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did everyone get one that wanted one?

I have more than I thought. This is the lastest version with the push button.

$56 for two to your door (cont US).

$79 for three to your door(cont US).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have any of you guys installed them yet?

Some guys want pics installed and I have not installed one on my brother-in-laws 1000 naked.

My 919 is a little different than the SV.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
If you still have any left, I'll take one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm interested. But how's it work? Does it plug into a vacuum line?
It is the push button type. No need to hook it up to power or vacuum like some oilers.

Push a button and a small amount of oil is release and will drip on your chain as you ride.

I got tired of lubing my chain. Push the button every 500-1000 miles and you're done. It's that simple.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm just about to install new chain and sprockets and this would be goodpreservation for commuting 150 miles a day. Do you have any pics of he system laid out, before installing?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I'm just about to install new chain and sprockets and this would be goodpreservation for commuting 150 miles a day. Do you have any pics of he system laid out, before installing?
I just happened to install mine recently on my 2003 SV

Here are all the bits layed out

And where I choose to install it. Hidden when I carry my hard luggage and yet easy to see to refill and use. So far works like a charm.

you can see the feeder head that directs the oil onto the rear sprocket.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Aren't you supposed to mount the reservoir/button somewhere you can easily push the button while riding?
Dude. You only need to oil your chain every 500 miles or so. I am pretty sure you can work in a stop in there to push the button for 5 seconds or so.:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry, I was under the impression that it would work like a scotoiler where the chain is lubed while in operation -- only in a "manual" version. Now I'm not sure if it's true with this product, but I would think there should be a an actuator button/switch that's separate from the reservoir that will allow you to mount somewhere accessible while riding. That way, you can lube the chain while in operation for an even coverage.

Not trying to knock the product, but it doesn't seem too much benefit over a spray can if you still have to get off the bike and put it on the stand or roll it around when "push" lubing it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, I was under the impression that it would work like a scotoiler where the chain is lubed while in operation -- only in a "manual" version. Now I'm not sure if it's true with this product, but I would think there should be a an actuator button/switch that's separate from the reservoir that will allow you to mount somewhere accessible while riding. That way, you can lube the chain while in operation for an even coverage.

Not trying to knock the product, but it doesn't seem too much benefit over a spray can if you still have to get off the bike and put it on the stand or roll it around when "push" lubing it.
????????????????
Push the button and ride. That's it. When you push the button a small reservior is filled and the oil will SLOWLY make is way down the hose and drip OCCASIONALLY on your chain as you ride. It works as designed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Just got it in the mail today. Thanks for the very fast shipping! I'm still waiting for my new chain and sprockets to come in the mail before I install the oiler. I ordered the chain and sprockets a few days before the oiler, so I was surprised to get it first.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts