Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Ivan's jet kit on my 01, and let me tell you, it's incredible!

150 mains, stock pilots, new needles, A/F 3.5 turns.

However, the carbs now have a slow leak....I'm thinking the float covers needed new gaskets (which I did not install.)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
if the gas os leaking out of the float bowl seal, it's likely the gasket got kinked or folded during reassembly. pull em out and take a peek.

N

·
0 Posts
I've done this once or twice (!) on various bikes and have never replaced the float bowl seal or had any trouble with it. Perhaps you missed a screw, or pinched the seal, missed a clamp etc. If you adjusted the float height incorrectly that could also cause leakage, although that would be A LOT of gas on the ground.

Odd jetting choices, BTW- big main, but small pilot (maybe the 3.5 turns compensates?). Is that Ivan's recommendation? Are you running a full system?

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I followed Ivan's directions to the letter.....which included leaving the float alone.

I haven't put a can on yet.....I have a Yosh slip on order.

It's a very slow leak.....I know I didn't miss a screw or clamp.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
have you seen liquid fuel leaking form the bike? If so, where is it leaking from?

I thought I had a leak after I put my wreck together, ity turn out I just missed one of the crank breather hoses that plug into the air box. Same could have happened to you or you pinched the fuel line, etc...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Stock pilots shouldn't be a problem, that's what I'm running, with 152.5 mains, 1 shim, 2.5 turns. Mixture is between 12.5 and 13 across the board, idle and low-rpm response are excellent :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts