Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I wanted to start off by thanking everyone who posts to this site. I have spent countless hours getting amazing information about my bike here for many months before I sacked it up and just joined..

Anyway, I'm in the Owings Mills area of MD. I have a 2003 Nekkid I bought from a guy in Norther MD this last November. It's my first bike and it has been amazing. Apparently this guy was showing off in his driveway and laid the bike down into the grass while attampting a wheelie. Anyway, only harm done was that he bent the radiator (still functions great) and the handlebar (gives my left arm cramps). Other than that I got a steal for $2000 for a bike that had at the time under 5k miles on it.

So I'm in the works of trying to find a replacement radiator and a handlebar. I like the stock position of the handlebar for the most part, but it could be a tad wider.

I'm also looking to get some black stock 2nd gen wheels. I have a plug in the rear tire and it gives me the willies, other than that it has less than 1k miles on it, so figured I'd get new wheels at the same time.

I recently ordered the delkevic stubby exhaust of ebay. Should be here soon. It was cheap and I look forward to seeing if it was money well spent.

Thats about it for me, Thanks for reading and I look forward to interacting and maybe riding with some of you. AAAAnd if you have any help or advice toward the previously mentioned info it is always very much appreciated.

Thanks for all the great work!

Jollylama18

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
hey man, welcome. yeah, this site rocks! been a lot of help to me. I'm trying to figure out how your rad got bent?? anyway, ebay has a ton of sv parts...just search sv650 and start goin thru the pages. There was a radiator in there just a couple days ago. just try to not get distracted by all the OTHER stuff....lol. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Welcome to SVR and keep the shiny side up. Remember to throw up a pic or 2 of your ride :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Welcome. You might be able to "adjust" that radiator some, and perhaps get the rear tire properly patched. Save some significant dollars. Enjoy your bike, and ride safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. You might be able to "adjust" that radiator some, and perhaps get the rear tire properly patched. Save some significant dollars. Enjoy your bike, and ride safe.
Well after a few midnight oil hours last night just boppin around the site and on ebay I ended up finding a new wheel tire combo from another SVrider member...still working on the rad issue... i have been on ebay for months and I might just have to deal with shelling out $300 or so for a used radiator...lame. I considered the whole "tweak" idea but then if I screwed it up i would be left with a non-working radiator and therefor HAVE to shell out the loot. Right now she isn't pretty but gets the job done. just OCD about the appearances up. When the Delkevic pipe comes in there will be photos.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Superbike handlebar from Motorcycle Superstore is about an inch higher & about 2" wider, 20 bucks.
Has anyone installed these? One of the reviews said that they were able to re-route cables etc to make them fit.. wanted any other info before I pull the trigger..

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Has anyone installed these? One of the reviews said that they were able to re-route cables etc to make them fit.. wanted any other info before I pull the trigger..

I have some but haven't put them on yet. I'm going to cut about 3/4'' or so off each end - not looking for a wider bar, just want a little more height. I dont think there's going to be any problems with cables & wiring. Waiting to get my R6 throttle tube so I can do it all at once. Putting WeeStrom handguards on, too. Throttle tube might be a week before it gets here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts