Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
03 sv1000, custom 2:1 short pipe, Dynatek Fusion efi controller, repainted, tail raise.
39 Posts
in with the new! (That's limestone on my boot btw, just got done doing lawn stuff)

·
Registered
03 sv1000, custom 2:1 short pipe, Dynatek Fusion efi controller, repainted, tail raise.
39 Posts
new brake master from a cbr1000rr it was an absolute NIGHTMARE bleeding it out. But I took it for a shakedown rip on Sunday. First time with the tune, the rearsets, and the fresh brakes altogether. She ran like white lightning boyyyyy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You get your suspension parts installed?
Nah, they are being custom built for my weight and ride style, will probably be a few weeks before I get parts in hand.

I did go on a 10 hour trip on sunday, rode almost 300 miles.

Hit up the Chalahala skyway and the tail of the dragon on the way back home, wanna see some pics?

·
Registered
39 Posts
put em up, I always wanted to do the tail. all we have is bear mountain in NY and its a pain getting upstate to go

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nah, they are being custom built for my weight and ride style, will probably be a few weeks before I get parts in hand.

I did go on a 10 hour trip on sunday, rode almost 300 miles.

Hit up the Chalahala skyway and the tail of the dragon on the way back home, wanna see some pics?
ohh i didnt know thats a super custom jobby. thats cool

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ohh i didnt know thats a super custom jobby. thats cool
Yeah, they machine the parts specifically for your bike, riding style and weight, and build the rear shock also suited towards the same variables.

Im chomping at the bit to get it though, from what Ive researched it appears the sv's are pretty much amazing once the stock suspension is replaced.

Pics from the trip incoming, next post!

·
Registered
39 Posts
MAAAAAAN that bike is clean bro. your friends bike is a bmw?

·
Registered
39 Posts
looked a little overcasty, good weather?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
looked a little overcasty, good weather?
Started out great, 60 degrees and sunny. Temps got up to about 65 degrees, but the clouds did move in. We even caught a little rain on the way home, but not too much, maybe 15 mins. Overall it was nice, just wish it was sunnier.

We bit off a bit more then we intended to, riding about 90 miles to get to the destination, and then ended up looping around and hit almost 300 on the full ride.

Most miles Ive ever done in 1 day for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
not bad. me and my REALLY aggresive racing ergos wouldnt have lasted 50 miles till my ass would be on fire. unless we're doing 130 the whole way then im worried about more important stuff of course lmaooo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
not bad. me and my REALLY aggresive racing ergos wouldnt have lasted 50 miles till my ass would be on fire. unless we're doing 130 the whole way then im worried about more important stuff of course lmaooo
Haha, funny you mention ergos. Just pulled the trigger on some CR Low bend pro taper bars and pro grips, and a radiator guard.

Between all thats been done to the bike already, the suspension and bar mods, I think the only thing left is tires...

and maybe a sprocket combo and new chain at some point...

I swear its an addiction modding these damn 2 wheels of fun, almost as addicting as riding them!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i mean, you see mine is a turd lmao. im a grease monkey so i cant leave anything alone. what would be worse for me is something super clean and id feel bad for chopping it up when someone out there can appreciate it for what it is

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i mean, you see mine is a turd lmao. im a grease monkey so i cant leave anything alone. what would be worse for me is something super clean and id feel bad for chopping it up when someone out there can appreciate it for what it is
I dont see no stinking turd!!! I actually love your bike too, it looks like it wants you to jump on it and ring its neck hooligan style!!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts