Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats good folks?

Chris here, from East Tennessee.

Had the pleasure of purchasing my dream SV last month, its a 2006 with 10K miles, tastefully modded with quality bits, and been garage stored, never ridden in the rain or dropped...

A true survivor!!!

Ive been riding on and off since 1999, started on a buell blast, moved to a 91 bandit 400 (look this bike up if you have not heard about it) and then a custom Kawa KZ750 I bratted out.

Needless to say Im as addicted as the next guy to modding these toys of ours.

Best thing about the SV purchase was that almost every mod I would make has already been done, leaving only the suspension for me to work on...

Thats how I found the forums, researching suspension and other upgrades, seems like a great group!

Heres a few images of my bike and my neighbors VFR on our last trips out:

Thats me on the ledge!!!

I paid a bit more then I should have for the SV to be honest, but it ticked all the boxes and is literally almost showroom condition...

Currently in talks with Dan at Traxxion Dynamics on the suspension upgrades, but it looks like Ill be going with the AR25 kit and a penske rear...

Cannot wait to put the final touches on old Bessie...

·
Registered
512 Posts
I doubt you overpaid, finding a nice SV is worth the money. It's good to hear you're going the right route on the suspension too.
I bet your neighbor is jealous. Having to follow a fun little v-twin in the mountains while he muscles that big ol' Honda around ;) ... gotta be tiring work!
What part of eastern TN? I have kin close to Knoxville.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt you overpaid, finding a nice SV is worth the money. It's good to hear you're going the right route on the suspension too.
I bet your neighbor is jealous. Having to follow a fun little v-twin in the mountains while he muscles that big ol' Honda around ;) ... gotta be tiring work!
What part of eastern TN? I have kin close to Knoxville.
Hey! Im right outside knoxville, a little past Oak Ridge, in coalfield. Absolutely blessed to have the roads we have! We should def get together and take a ride sometime this season!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well I'm not there but you may see my 78 y/o Dad cruising around on his old first-gen Ninja. He and my Mom are in Clinton along with my sister and a whole mess of my nieces and nephews. It's great to have those roads available, isn't it? Southern California is similarly blessed, it's just hotter and we have cactus and palm trees along our roads!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm not there but you may see my 78 y/o Dad cruising around on his old first-gen Ninja. He and my Mom are in Clinton along with my sister and a whole mess of my nieces and nephews. It's great to have those roads available, isn't it? Southern California is similarly blessed, it's just hotter and we have cactus and palm trees along our roads!
hit me up the next time your in town to visit! Im jealous of the cacti and palms!

·
Registered
03 sv1000, custom 2:1 short pipe, Dynatek Fusion efi controller, repainted, tail raise.
39 Posts
Beat, how do you feel about your front fender? Imo it would look hardcore without it. and nice solid gold gixxer forks =D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beat, how do you feel about your front fender? Imo it would look hardcore without it. and nice solid gold gixxer forks =D
Honestly havent thought about it one way or the other... Ill search for some images of SV's without the front and let you know!

For the front suspension Im going with the AR25 kit from traxxion dynamics, it seems to be the best option aside from a front end swap.

·
Registered
03 sv1000, custom 2:1 short pipe, Dynatek Fusion efi controller, repainted, tail raise.
39 Posts
Im in absolute love with your machine yo, its soooooooo clean.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bro, the previous owner even polished up the front header pipe after every ride... not a spot on it... a m a z i n g !!!
haha, I do this :LOL: Maybe not after every ride but I give the bottom of the engine/frame and exhaust a good rub down with an old grease rag after I clean the chain and wheels. I bet that's every other ride...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, I do this :LOL: Maybe not after every ride but I give the bottom of the engine/frame and exhaust a good rub down with an old grease rag after I clean the chain and wheels. I bet that's every other ride...
yeah I meticuliously clean mine after every ride. Trying to keep it perfect haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is a rat trap. Thick layer of grease gravy stuck to the bottom. I Found out about the miracles of wd-40 and getting the brake dust off the rims. Right now I have my lowers off because I was hooking up my Dynatek Fusion (knockoff pc5 for nice and cheap) and it was a hassle getting to the coils without unbolting them. I'm gonna do my test and tune hits with the lowers off and I may try a nice wd40 rubdown and a power wash when all is said and done. You guy's bikes make me jealous yo :envy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is a rat trap. Thick layer of grease gravy stuck to the bottom. I Found out about the miracles of wd-40 and getting the brake dust off the rims. Right now I have my lowers off because I was hooking up my Dynatek Fusion (knockoff pc5 for nice and cheap) and it was a hassle getting to the coils without unbolting them. I'm gonna do my test and tune hits with the lowers off and I may try a nice wd40 rubdown and a power wash when all is said and done. You guy's bikes make me jealous yo :envy:
Hey, theres something to be said about a bike that you can get on, and bash around without a care... Mines so clean Im freaking out if theres a puddle LOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, theres something to be said about a bike that you can get on, and bash around without a care... Mines so clean Im freaking out if theres a puddle LOL.
I know EXACTLY what you mean bro. I used to be a correction officer for NYC (rikers island baby. when the pandemic hit they sent all the rookies out to pasture unfortunately #thinbluelineoperator) before they cut us all loose, I started assembling my dream driveway. I got a mint 2017 Silverado midnight edition. and let me tell you, at the tender age of 27 its the nicest newest thing I've ever owned, bro if anybody so much as sneezes on that thing I flash kick them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahhhhhh shit guys! Just finalized the setup on my AR-25 kit from Traxxion Dynamics and also getting the Penske 8975 for the back end. Dan @ Traxxion is amazing!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeeeowwweeee let me know how it feels I'd gladly pack my super-boi into a container and send it over

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful bike man! I've got an '07 myself in the same color, although not nearly as clean. I've been looking for a slightly taller wind screen for mine, any info on the one on your bike?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts