Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to the forum.  I have been watching for a few days.
I don't own an SV yet.  My current bike is a Honda Shadow cruiser, but when I hit Lotto, I'd like
to get a bike like the SV650.

But ... I'm vertically challenged.  Is there any way to lower the bike without having to change out the seat?

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
There are aftermarket suspension linkages ("dogbones") that are readily available and easily installed. These can lower the seat by an inch or two. Up front, you can drop the fork tubes in the triple clamps, but you have to be careful- more than an inch or so and you run the risk of the front fender smacking into the lower triple clamp.

Welcome to the board!

Bill

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can even get adjustable dogbones with a 1 to 4 inch variance a little pricy but worth it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lotto? sell that slug and you should have enough 8)

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Change foam, not seat

This has been asked and answered many times. You can leave all the hard parts alone. Get some high density automotive seat foam (or take the seat to the local upholsterer) and have the stock foam changed out. It should cost $20 to $50 depending on how busy and how nice the shop is. You can do it yourself, it's not that difficult. That should give you almost 1 1/2" lower seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts