Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed both the dirt bike and street bike MSF courses and have begun the hunt for my first bike. ;D

I have never owned a motorcycle (I have ridden a few friends bikes) so I am as fresh as a baby with the umbilical cord still attached awaiting the first spank to motorcycle ownership with a f'in grin of pride once I get my own.

I really like the GSX-R series but won't be starting off on that as my first bike. I am looking to start with the SV then move up to a k6 GSX-R 600. Most have said I might like the SV so much I will probably not even want to move up. :eek:

My current decisions are stuck between the choice of a naked version versus the sport with the full fairing kit :rolleyes:

I am into old school bimmers and auto-x and drive 'em on the track resources permitting. I see myself with a dirt and street bike so it's going to be a fun "vehicle assembly" within the next few months. I hope to do a track day as I have driven on Road Atlanta and love it on 4 wheels and I guess 2 wheels will be even more fun :vroom:

Airik

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome - I have been doing a lot of research and already started looking at bikes! You guys are nuts!! ( I mean this in a good way )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Officially a true member now!

Picked up an '05 naked with approx 9k miles. Seller added a Scorpion pipe, threw in 2 pair of gloves (none fit) a mesh jacket and helmet.
Wooot ;D

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations.
Ride well and be happy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! Really stoked and looking to get some gear now that I know the color of the bike. Most good gear seems to be black plain leather though. Not much for trying to be visible at night ???

Gotta admit - just the feeling of being on a bike is hard to compare to anything else out there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts