Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I live in NE Ohio and I'm in the market for a SV, so I figured I'd sign up here. Currently I've got a GS500F and an old XJ750. I don't really ride the highways much, and even when I do I have no desire to reach triple digits. I figure that a V-Twin would the best bet for my riding style. I'm currently trying to sell my GS500F. I'm either looking for a cheap 2003/4 SV650S, a new 08 SV650S, or a used 05+ SV1000S. Just depends on what I find and i I've sold my bike yet.

Can't wait til this crappy Ohio weather clears up. I'm suffering some serious withdrawal.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Zach (that's his member name) has one for sale in Southern OH.

I grew up around Akron/Barberton/Coventry. I got my degree from the U of A... welcome to the site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. I'll check it out!

How did you like U of Akron? I'm going to Kent for Accounting part time.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Lots of SVers in the NEO area. On most nice weekends there's a stream of SVers heading south on I-77 to head out onto the twisties in SE Ohio.
Hope to see you on an SV soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point, I just want to be on ANYTHING with two wheels...

I hate Ohio's weather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks =)

Liked it too much to sell it haha?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bud. If I sell my bike and can't find a good SV by riding season I may have to try and pick up a new 08 if I can find one leftover by then.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Thanks bud. If I sell my bike and can't find a good SV by riding season I may have to try and pick up a new 08 if I can find one leftover by then.
Unless you absolutely want one of the bikes in the 08 color scheme, I would definitely recommend trying to buy used.

These bikes are EXTREMELY reliable and buying a pre-owned one is usually pretty safe.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Here's another at Rick Roush. Same year more miles, more money

http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/inventory/listings/l0094.html

06 more miles, same money

http://www.rickroushmotorsports.com/inventory/listings/l0109.html

I haven't seen any for private sale up this way. I bought my 04 N with 3500mi 2 years ago for $3500. I got a pretty good deal but the dealer went out of business plus I knew the sales manager. There is a new Suzuki dealer here in Mentor but they don't have any used bikes.
Those are both WAY too high.

a lot of people have purchased NEW S models for less than 5500 out the door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live right by State8. Pretty sure I could walk out of there with a brand new leftover 2008 for $6k otd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$5 otd?

Wow.

Something to think about I guess. How do you think that will go up in March/April?

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
$5 otd?

Wow.

Something to think about I guess. How do you think that will go up in March/April?
Well, it all depends.

I didn't necessarily mean 5,000 out the door, but i think you could definitely get under 6.

I say (when you're ready) get your finances in order before you go shop and walk in an say, "I've got $5500 and I want that SV. Write it up!"

Hard to say no to a customer DEMANDING that the business takes his money ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, I can walk in with cash no problem. How much do you think the 2009's are going otd for? Much more than the 2008's?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Those are both WAY too high.

a lot of people have purchased NEW S models for less than 5500 out the door.
I completely agree. I just wanted to show you the three bikes I found today online.

I think with finding a Sv at a good price and exactly what you want it is going to be a waiting game. A lot of patience and be at or look at the right place at the right time.

Unless you buy new. If you have the cash to make a deal then you have more more room to get what you want for what you want to pay. If you are financing I don't know what to tell you. Good luck no matter what you do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts