Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike taking a right turn the other week and in the process put a hole in my gloves. I did not really slide that far, 10 feet maybe, so, I want my next pair of gloves to be tougher. Anyways I was looking at the astars SPS and SP1. Anyone have any experience with these or any other sugestions?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Alpinestars SP-2 gloves... I love them, probably the best gloves ive owned.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the GP plus on order from new enough for 109 bucks they look pretty protective. I currently have the goretex alpinestars winter version and like them a ton.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the GP plus on order from new enough for 109 bucks they look pretty protective. I currently have the goretex alpinestars winter version and like them a ton.
+100 on the GP Plus gloves ... I have them in black, and love them. Very comfortable, great protection, and they breath REALLY well! Maybe a little too well in cooler temps :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
+100 on the GP Plus gloves ... I have them in black, and love them. Very comfortable, great protection, and they breath REALLY well! Maybe a little too well in cooler temps :)
that is good to hear about the GP plus gloves I wondered how well the air flow was. By the way the new version is going to be like 189 bucks that is why I went ahead and got mine since New Enough marked them down to 109. I think Sportbikegear has them for the same price as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm close to buying these. Read good reviews about them and like the wrist protectors. Would love the Held Sprint, but kinda pricey.

How much stitching is there on the palm on the Adrenalines? The less the better, methings, as less things to come apart.
There is a bit like any other glove but not as much as their scarab line. They seem like they will last but if you are riding in 45 and below they are cold.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
zimmtown, how is the venting on the cortech? I'm in Fla, so I want a lot of air.

also, do they fit true-to-size? I'm generally an XL, and I can't even get my hands into the largest alpinestars.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
does the a* GP have any venting? Doesn't look like it....

·
Registered
142 Posts
zimmtown, how is the venting on the cortech? I'm in Fla, so I want a lot of air.

also, do they fit true-to-size? I'm generally an XL, and I can't even get my hands into the largest alpinestars.
They might be a little warm in FL summers but I can't image a glove that isnt a little warm in your area! I havent had the chance to ride with them in warm weather yet (**** MN). They seem to let cold air in just fine though lol.

They fit a little small. I'm usually a L and I was thinking of returning them for XL (fingers could be a little looser). I decided to keep them with hopes they stretch out a bit. I found this to be common in most of the reviews I've read. Great glove for the $ though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i have the sps (my first pair of gloves) i like them but they went up from $70 since i bought them last summer. so i'd go the buy somthing on closeout route. my next pair of gloves will be gaunlets

sportbiketrackgear.com has video reviews on many of the gloves they sell that might help you decide, some good deals to.

·
Registered
601 Posts
just got my gp plus A stars they vent well and once they break in I think they should be pretty comfortable. They have a ton of good crash protection and nice venting between the fingers and on the PU knuckles they have like a slit that pulls the air in. they breathe very well even behind my hand guards. Overall I think I will like them and still on sale at new enough for 109 bucks next years model increases to 189 bucks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
http://www.newenough.com/gloves/stre...le_gloves.html

I crash tested the model that these replaced and to my surprise held up great. The feel was lacking and the fit was not spot on but very nice glove for the money.

I have never had any luck with A*, wore out to quick, rough on the inside, never crashed well.

I now use RS TAICHI, a total step above the main stream gloves, perfect fit, amazing feel, and top quality leather or Roo. If you have the cash spend it on some RS's or Helds and you will never look back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts