Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several years in the Monster world, I picked up this '03 SV650 and this forum should help me learn more about the bike.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am gonna make it my own by changing a few things. Although the fan shrouds and belly pan appear to be original Suzuki accessories, I like the more naked look and these will probably need to go. Same with the Hotbodies undertail.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome... nice looking machine. If you are getting rid of the belly pan, let me know. I kind of like that look.

Enjoy the ride...🏍🏍🏍

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum! Curious to hear how the SV compares to your Monster experience.
Well, the monster has more character and soul and a thumpier engine (S2R1000). And of course there is no substitute for the dry clutch jingle. However the SV is smoother and easier to ride. Wish I had kept my last Monster but such is life.

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome... nice looking machine. If you are getting rid of the belly pan, let me know. I kind of like that look.

Enjoy the ride...🏍🏍🏍
If the belly pan or other accessories go up for sale I will post here in the "for sale" section. First I need to get some functioning turn signals and get rid of that goofy undertail.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
557 Posts
Welcome to SVR michaelh. I love the silver. In fact, I plan to paint mine silver this winter. You will find good turn signals from member Mad8.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Welcome Michael, what part of SD are you in? I used to work in the Carmel Mountain area. I live in RivCo but I ride Palomar and the Fallbrook area a lot.
Those fan/radiator shrouds are FUNKY, I would get rid of them too :LOL: Clean bike though (y)

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Michael, what part of SD are you in? I used to work in the Carmel Mountain area. I live in RivCo but I ride Palomar and the Fallbrook area a lot.
Those fan/radiator shrouds are FUNKY, I would get rid of them too :LOL: Clean bike though (y)
I am in Mira Mesa and mostly ride the north coastal / RSF area.
The rad shrouds look better in person; I just wish everything wasn't all silver on the bike.

·
Registered
2003 SV650
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just noticed the undertail install (previous owner) has cut up the oem upper fender/battery tray so my planned change to an Evotech style tidy tail will be more costly than expected.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts