Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Should we post adverts for decent bikes that cost less than 1 fork or a matched set?

(I'm at work; 9 hrs till I can do that)

·
Banned
686 Posts
http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...Ohlins-FGR200-Superbike-Forks/prod_23449.html

Well... at least they have free shipping???

Seriously couldn't help myself.. Hope you guys had just as big of a laugh as I did. :lmao:
It's easy to see how it could be funny, if you have no idea what you're talking about.

What you posted are race-level suspension equipment, not meant for weekend warriors or people looking to impress their forum peers. The high cost of equipment like this is the reason behind big-name sponsors for race teams, as well as them committing 150% of their time to learning how to do one thing, and one thing only in their life. Be faster than the other guy.

But I can see how the extreme price could be comical to a budget-bike enthusiast. I often chuckle at customers who feel a Gremlin Bell is more worthy of their saved money than new tires or an oil change. :roflmao:

·
Banned
686 Posts
those guys... :lmao:
I see it every single day.

$2,000 custom paint job on a GSX-R, with barely any front brake grab, and rearsets hanging on with 1 bolt.

A YZF-R6 with the silencer mounted to the swingarm (done by drilling a hole through the swingarm), but the customer declines new tires on the bike to pass a free state inspection.

An endless parade of bikes with grossly underinflated tyres (I'm talking 10-15 pounds in the tyres), but the latest in GPS Navigation and heated gear.

I could fill a 500 page diary with the scary and dangerous machines that come into our shop. The only thing worse, are the excuses we hear when we suggest fixing the problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts