Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is kind of strange for me as I haven't ridden since I sold my heavily modded 86' FZ750S 16yrs ago. Having been out of the saddle for so long I didn't want to dive into the deep end by going straight for the SV1000S. So I've chosen the SV650S as a means of easing myself back into riding. Understand that until I sold my last 750 back in '97 I had been riding for almost 10yrs. So while I don't think it will take me long to get back into the swing of things, I'm also older and mature enough to realize (at least I'd like to think so anyway) I don't want to put myself on something right off the bat that's going to be able to get away from me. I have done quite a bit of research on the SV650 and it would appear from all the reviews and rider testimonials that while it has some good mid-range punch it's definitely not the top end monster that my FZ was which should keep me out of a lot of trouble, I hope ;). Anyway enough rambling, I'll be sure and post some pics as soon as the deal is done. Look forward to picking some brains around here when the modification bug inevitably takes hold!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Welcome!

...and if you're already knowing mods will come, well then, the bug has already bit! ;). Btw...we're just more experienced with age...it's a strength, not a weakness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, as with every vehicle I've owned in the past 20yrs, "stock" is only enough to satisfy for a short time. I've already picked out a fender eliminator kit, low profile front signals, solo seat cowl, Yosh exh, K&N filter, F3 rear wheel conversion for the 180 spec tire and possibly a Power Commander or Juice Box... I think I'm already in trouble, LOL!

·
Registered
683 Posts
You ain't bit...you've been ate! :lmao:

You'll enjoy the bike and may never get the 1000. Then, again, you could just be starting a new collection! (I'm "half" shopping for my third bike...another Bandit ;))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts